Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teaser Trailer for an upcoming thread

Look at her, curled up there! I don't understand this too... But I've stopped thinking about why are people like that long time ago because that sort of stuff is something my brain cannot compute.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
agree real animal lover can be easily recognized by the state of their couch, and their darker pants... :)

I hope petshops and breeders would really educate their customers, about how a puppy would look once they're fully adult, requirement of each breed, what to expect in their daily live schedule of having a pet, make sure they are really committed to bring home a new living being into their family... so many cases when a family move out to another city or decide to live in a place where pets are not allowed, they just casually left their old place including their pets without any guilty feeling.. human can be so irresponsible ... I hope your family will receive a good karma for doing this kindness toward poor unwanted ex-pets and strays.

all my 3 cats were also strays

A-1

One Too Many
View attachment 30166 [/QUOTE]
Love this! Thanks for posting this here.
We also have a dog rescued from Spain, and she is the best! Makes me happy every time I see her. She also always sleeps on our sofa. She loves to cuddle like a cat sometimes. Haha.

My dog was adopted three times before my girlfriend showed up with him one day, and all three of his former owners died. They were really old people, though, so he was passed around from one person to another, but that still traumatized the poor thing, as they died right next to him. They found his last owner after two days the man had passed away, with the dog being locked inside the house the whole time... So anyhow, he's been getting these panic episodes whenever we'd go to sleep but he is a lot better now. I personally believe the dog is cursed, but I have no say in the matter.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
What a good looking dog Stand By. You can tell by its demeanor it's in the right place. Reminds me of "Here's Where You Belong" by the Grass Roots.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
My dog was adopted three times before my girlfriend showed up with him one day, and all three of his former owners died. They were really old people, though, so he was passed around from one person to another, but that still traumatized the poor thing, as they died right next to him. They found his last owner after two days the man had passed away, with the dog being locked inside the house the whole time... So anyhow, he's been getting these panic episodes whenever we'd go to sleep but he is a lot better now. I personally believe the dog is cursed, but I have no say in the matter.

by chance Anubis is the name :eeek:
don't worry
leather jacket protects the wearer against curse from what I hear lol

Stand By

One Too Many
Thanks to each and every one of you for the kind comments - I appreciate each of them! Thank you!

Monitor: that's a special dog you have there. Good for you for taking him in. Cursed? I don't think so. I think it's a very special duty and service he's provided - being the companion in his former peoples' last days and moments. They didn't die alone. He was there for them.
So it's just unfortunate that he's been traumatized by the repeated departures and of course he has trust issues - as have some of ours when first come home.
We rescued one of the cutest and nicest mannered dogs on 4 legs; a senior Dachshund from Texas (hence he's one of the smaller bombs on the mission tally!) - and who could possibly betray his loyalty and abandon him and turf him out as a stray ?!?! - a little companion dog who was losing his sight and going a bit deaf and couldn't possibly fend for himself as it isn't in his nature. And he was picked up as a stray. We got him up from the shelter in Texas and he quaked with terror when he came off the transport - and he wore a frown on his forehead for at least 6 weeks and never wagged - wondering what the heck and where he was and who are we now and where are his familiar people and familiar smells?
But with lashings of TLC and comforts, he slowly began to realize that this was the end of the line and he settled in perfectly … as I would sometimes tell him (hoping he'd understand the feelings if not the words): "I'm sorry for what's happened and it isn't fair. You've done nothing wrong. You're such a good boy. And I know this isn't what you expected for yourself and not where you thought you'd end up - but it's where you need to be. And you are so loved and welcome here and we are so glad you've come to stay."
And he really bonded to me - like no dog ever before has. I swear he was closer to me than my trusty old dog of 15 years!
But it turned out that he was epileptic - probably the reason he was punted as his seizures scared the kids or some such thing - and he was a palliative case with a brain tumour. We lost him after just 18 months with us but he made a big splash on our home for such a little dog - and, on his last day, we called in our vet and he went out of the world on the futon (where I'd slept with him for months to monitor him and manage his seizures in the night if he had them) and on his favourite sheepskin rug and beside the two people who loved him best. We should all be so lucky to go out as peacefully.
So my hope for you Monitor, is that you can one day do the same for your boy - do for him as he has done for others. He's done his service for his other people and he deserves nothing but time and a good loving retirement with you and your girlfriend - his people - and what we do for them on that last appointment and saying goodbye is a beautiful, brutal thing - but it's the last act of love we can give them for all the unconditional love they give us.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
PS.
So none of this is going to be in the upcoming thread, so I'm very glad to be able to illustrate here why my jacket has the art that it does!
But there is a bit of an introduction in which I briefly explain why I chose "Lucky Dog" for the design (the full explanation was made a couple of years ago on another thread of mine) - and I hope this here can further illustrate how some careful thought on what to paint can make the jacket so very personal to you (the owner) - rather than merely copy an old design from someone else's jacket that meant something to them.
I'm too square and clean-cut looking to rock a tattoo myself (I'd look ridiculous with one) so this is the next best thing for me!

Last edited:
Thanks to each and every one of you for the kind comments - I appreciate each of them! Thank you!

Monitor: that's a special dog you have there. Good for you for taking him in. Cursed? I don't think so. I think it's a very special duty and service he's provided - being the companion in his former peoples' last days and moments. They didn't die alone. He was there for them.
So it's just unfortunate that he's been traumatized by the repeated departures and of course he has trust issues - as have some of ours when first come home.
We rescued one of the cutest and nicest mannered dogs on 4 legs; a senior Dachshund from Texas (hence he's one of the smaller bombs on the mission tally!) - and who could possibly betray his loyalty and abandon him and turf him out as a stray ?!?! - a little companion dog who was losing his sight and going a bit deaf and couldn't possibly fend for himself as it isn't in his nature. And he was picked up as a stray. We got him up from the shelter in Texas and he quaked with terror when he came off the transport - and he wore a frown on his forehead for at least 6 weeks and never wagged - wondering what the heck and where he was and who are we now and where are his familiar people and familiar smells?
But with lashings of TLC and comforts, he slowly began to realize that this was the end of the line and he settled in perfectly … as I would sometimes tell him (hoping he'd understand the feelings if not the words): "I'm sorry for what's happened and it isn't fair. You've done nothing wrong. You're such a good boy. And I know this isn't what you expected for yourself and not where you thought you'd end up - but it's where you need to be. And you are so loved and welcome here and we are so glad you've come to stay."
And he really bonded to me - like no dog ever before has. I swear he was closer to me than my trusty old dog of 15 years!
But it turned out that he was epileptic - probably the reason he was punted as his seizures scared the kids or some such thing - and he was a palliative case with a brain tumour. We lost him after just 18 months with us but he made a big splash on our home for such a little dog - and, on his last day, we called in our vet and he went out of the world on the futon (where I'd slept with him for months to monitor him and manage his seizures in the night if he had them) and on his favourite sheepskin rug and beside the two people who loved him best. We should all be so lucky to go out as peacefully.
So my hope for you Monitor, is that you can one day do the same for your boy - do for him as he has done for others. He's done his service for his other people and he deserves nothing but time and a good loving retirement with you and your girlfriend - his people - and what we do for them on that last appointment and saying goodbye is a beautiful, brutal thing - but it's the last act of love we can give them for all the unconditional love they give us.

Stand By, thank you so much for this post, serously. I've been trying to put down a thoughtful reply for the past two days, but I don't really know what to say... Except, thank you! He's an insanely kind and considerate dog (I can leave just about anything on the ground, if he isn't sure if it belongs to him, he won't as much as smell it even if I don't tell him not to touch), and a very smart one at that, using his paws in the same manner like we do our hands and constantly resorting to deception and trickery to get laughs out of us, but he's still a bit shy. It was actually my girl that took this dog in, and I have to admit I was perhaps against it at first because I knew I would instantly grow to love the beast like he was my own family, because I don't know any other way to go about it. Which is a trait I strongly dislike about myself because it had brought me only misery in life... So anyway, now I argue with him when he does something stupid, and I'm trying to explain things to him... He listens, sometimes, but always with one eye on the bowl, just in case some drops something inside. lol

You've done so much for your friends, man, and while I know I'm not capable of being as considerate, I just hope I'll be able to just be there for him some day if there will ever be a need. I don't have an A2 and I can't paint bombs on my MC jackets, but I just might a star or something some day as there's just no way this is going to be my only dog, after how much happiness this little beast brought into our lives. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner