Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell Us What Patterns Are On Sale!

Myn

New in Town
Simplicity patterns

You saved me Goldwyn Girl--I live an hour from Joanns, but thanks to your post I just called my mother-in-law and she's on her way to buy me some Simplicity patterns with minutes to spare!

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
One of my co-workers told me that she got a Joann's flyer indicating that Butterick and McCalls both go on sale for $1.99 at the end of this month. I haven't gotten this ad yet, so I'll have to confirm the dates later.

Also, I was chatting with a lady at my local Joann's, who told me that Walmart's "match any competitor's ad" policy also applies to patterns.
She said that if Joann's is out of a pattern that she needs, she takes her flyer to Walmart and gets the same sale price. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounded like a good tip to me :)

Snookie

Practically Family
swingtimegal said:
At Joanne's:

Simplicity are 5 for $5 2/15 - 2/18

McCalls are $1.99 2/21 - 2/23

Butterick are $1.99 2/28 - 3/1

Thanks for this tip! I'd stopped receiving the flyers from Joanne (apparently they only send them to people who purchase from them regularly :) ) But yesterday I just found a Simplicity pants pattern that I wanted, and I checked here and saw that I should scoot over and get it! I also got a great coat pattern, for $1 each!

On the negative, my husband saw that Vogue patterns are going on sale soon, and thinks I should make him a tux! :eusa_doh: lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Snookie said:
On the negative, my husband saw that Vogue patterns are going on sale soon, and thinks I should make him a tux! :eusa_doh: lol

Oh, that's just a little relaxing project!;)

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
A tux?! Don't you love how the hubbys think that sewing is a magical process that doesn't involve tons of swearing? lol

Don't forget, Vogue and McCalls go on sale tomorrow! And McCalls has this FABULOUS high-waisted pencil skirt pattern (M5590)

M5590.jpg

Snookie, if you sign up again online, then they also email you coupons. My flyers are hit or miss through the regular mail, but I always get my coupons :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
CherryRed said:
On Sale 4/24-4/27

McCall's Patterns 99 cents ( I got the vintage apron pattern)
Vogue Patterns $3.99

There is a Limit of 5 patterns per brand

I'm getting tired of McCall's. Between Hancock's and Joann's, they've been on sale all month.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
ShooShooBaby said:
:eek:fftopic: anyone know WHY all of butterick's patterns are from 1947 and up? i don't like a single one of them! :(

Actually, I've wondered how they choose their patterns myself (the same with Simplicity and Vogue). Maybe we can all start a writing campaign with requests for either specific patterns, or at least different eras.

Back on topic, Simplicity is on sale starting tomorrow at Joanns, and Butterick and McCalls go on sale next Thursday through Saturday (all $1.99).

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
CherryRed said:
Butterick will be 99 cents at Hancock 5/8-5/11
There are 16 Retro patterns listed online. I will have to make several trips as they limit you to 5 and I don't have any of them.

YAY!!! I love the two new ones, perfect for summer.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Yay!

I got it together and went to Joann's for the Simplicity sale!!!

vin.jpg

I bought this one & the fabric & zippers. We shall see how wise it is to buy patterns and fabric after visiting the tiki bar...

3688.jpg

And the FL tipped me off to this one, which I'll try at later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot