Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Temple of Jawnz?

Cole

One of the Regulars
And honestly, as a slim size 36, I'm wary of buying from the makers most praised on this forum as most of their jackets look big through the middle and the upper arms and I don't want to look like I'm wearing my dad's jacket.
View attachment 14066

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?66801-Aero-Cafe-Racer-in-brown-oil-pull-horse-hide
Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly don't think there exists any exclusively fashion oriented jacket manufacturer that can make a better fitting jacket than the way this CR fits the gentleman in the pictures. It is as slim fitting as a leather jacket can get, without making the wearer look like what Andy posted as an example. Even most TOJ jackets in that gallery seem to fit their wearers more loosely.

I understand your point, though, and being considerably skinny (and relatively young at 33) myself, I too am fed up with wasting tons of money on leather jackets in my supposed size number, made by top manufacturers, that can fit two of me inside but still, for the kind of money that would get you TOJ, I would go with quality manufacturer any day rather than wearing something questionable that, at the end of the day, will make me wonder what the hell was I thinking. I've been down that road...

But then again, this is a matter in which I am completely biased as there are few things in the world that I dislike more than fashion garments...

js0930, please do share your experiences and pictures of your TOJ once it arrives, I personally would love to see it.

Infinitum

A-List Customer
ToJ/Temple of Jawnz order waits are laughably long (up to a year wait), the leather used is mediocre (I have tried it first hand), everything is made in Korea, and the owner takes all of the profits and puts them into a restaurant instead of back into the business. Sound like a great company?

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
I like most of their jackets and cuts, but I really do think for the price range you can do better. I love their collared moto as a slim alternative to a highwayman, but lack of leather options and an unwillingness to customize is what lead me to Johnson Leathers. Alan modified his M200 a bit and I'm getting exactly what I want.

I do however have a non leather jacket on order from TOJ. Sometime in 2015 I will end up receiving a wool suiting MA-1. Ridiculous wait times but I can't complain, for $450 I'm getting an awesome bomber in a cut that can't be beat.

Not my bag as they say :)

I'd rather wear my Aero, Cal, Vanson...Sheesh even my crumby Brooks makes these look bad. Looks like the Pakistany made junk I've seen too much of. Just looks like disposable clothing that lacks any sustainability.

lol Nick, that was a great read. And I still don't understand what all the fuss was about. It's as if all those people discovered leather jackets for the first time in their lives. Rip off designs readily available from half a dozen other manufacturers, lousy fit, cheap looking leather... Yeah, must've seemed like a really good investment.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
'a menswear version of Kaiser Soze'! lol

Reminds me of the thread about the jeans company that can't deliver (can't remember the name).

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
well, this is successfully phoenixed back to life by past crews of the previous management and gain immediate supports at SF under different company flag, clean new slate, even similar products at higher price, with less zipper options

:)it is a successful story.

pawineguy

One Too Many
The similarity between TOJ and LD is that they both allowed too much customization. TOJ was full MTM, they were adjusting around 8 - 10 measurements per jacket and changing leathers, zippers, etc... all at a price not available in the market. When you are the only person doing something for X dollars, in this big world of ours, you need to question what you are doing. Yes, there are people who disrupt markets with better ways of doing these, but this wasn't it.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I guess this shows why the MacDonalds business model (or 'Henry Ford's selection', if your prefer ;)) works; not because it makes products cheap, but because the system is easy to manage, meaning employee time can be utilized doing production.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
being full made to measure, from the evidence of that unofficial gallery of customers fit photos, you would be surprised, some of the sleeves are 3/4 length floating higher than their wrist, and the hem on some of the moto jackets would pass as miniskirt.
probably when you plan to stitch on your brand logo on something it is wise to limit your costumer's "creativity"

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's that old chestnut: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. There seems to be general desire that reality matches our perception of what a reasonable price is, and it just won't fly. You can't have MtM, endless options and top-end leather for mid-market prices, it just doesn't work.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
It's that old chestnut: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. There seems to be general desire that reality matches our perception of what a reasonable price is, and it just won't fly. You can't have MtM, endless options and top-end leather for mid-market prices, it just doesn't work.

+100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points