Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Terms Which Have Disappeared

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hope you haven't worn them in a long time either:p

Luckily, I learned a long time ago, in my early 30s, the only fun part of alcohol is the initial Buzz, it's all down hill after that. So one beer is usually more then enough! If I even finish that.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I dunno if anyone outside of Australia has ever used, or even heard of this one. To this day, I've only heard ONE person say it, and that was my highschool legal-studies teacher.

"As useless/hopeless as a one-legged man at an ass-kicking contest!"

I dunno if anyone outside of Australia has ever used, or even heard of this one. To this day, I've only heard ONE person say it, and that was my highschool legal-studies teacher.

I frequently hear a twist on that around here. Someone says they have been working harder than a one legged man at said contest. I've also heard "working harder than a one armed paper hanger" , which seems to be falling out of use because wallpaper seems to pretty much be a thing of the past, at least in these parts.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I frequently hear a twist on that around here. Someone says they have been working harder than a one legged man at said contest. I've also heard "working harder than a one armed paper hanger" , which seems to be falling out of use because wallpaper seems to pretty much be a thing of the past, at least in these parts.
I seem to recall "As nervous as a long-tailed paper hanger in a rum full of one-armed cats in rocking chairs."

Or something.

Anyone remember the expression "Like Carter has pills"?

Or "Fits like a Motorman's Glove".

Last edited:

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many

Often used here in the USA, usually as an expression of a sense of futility of one's own efforts, e.g. "I feel like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff