Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TFL Site Upgrade issues thread

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
It may not be working in some areas, but it's up and will have some enhanced features. We migrated to an entirely new server, so it should be a lot faster. Will be working on it all day today to fix any issues.

If you see anything in particular that is not working, please tell us here in this thread.

1. our enhanced search is down. Working on that.

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Everything's working fine at my end. It used to take all day for a page to load after the previous 'update' when the Lounge was flooded with advertizing but now everything is loading superfast. ...................for now anyway. ;) I quite like the new look too.

ojaw

A-List Customer
It may not be working in some areas, but it's up and will have some enhanced features. We migrated to an entirely new server, so it should be a lot faster. Will be working on it all day today to fix any issues.

If you see anything in particular that is not working, please tell us here in this thread.

1. our enhanced search is down. Working on that.
Hi, I'm having problems locating my followed threads (not individuals).
Help.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful new look. Congratulations.
So far, the only thing I've noticed is that there now seems to be a limit on image size when uploading on macOS and Safari?
Images that I could upload in the old version without problems, now no longer work. I get the message "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process".

Interestingly, I can upload the same image on the iPhone with Safari without any problems.

In the old version of the forum, I could also drag'n'drop images directly from the photo app (Mac OS) into the input field. That doesn't work anymore either.

First World Problems lol

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
9660C2EA-4E3F-476C-9D6E-8D13A7D03370.jpeg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
What browser, phone model, and iOS version?

I'm on 15.3 on an iPhone 12 and it loads pictures just fine.
It says "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. The following extensions are allowed..."

I can't read any further because text runs below image but it looks like my rejected extension is .HEIC

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Nathan, I seem to have lost all the years of assorted Conversations I had before. Are they gone for good, or will they be restored later?

Hey, if they're gone, no biggie. None were currently or recently active. But I had to ask.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Maybe some day I will actually understand all this techno talk. But probably not. Glad I don’t have to. I just more or less figure out what I need to know when I need to know it.

FWIW, things seem faster on my end. That’s all to the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch