Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TFL Site Upgrade issues thread

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Search is blocked/covered by the banner in Chrome.

Sv3XB4D.png
I’ll see if it can be fixed. In the meantime, scroll up to use it.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Nathan - Site runs great .Thanks for the upgrade. You managed to keep the general feel of the old TFL with some cool new looks. Congrats. One question - if your forum platform is Xenforo, I read somewhere that they have a feature whereby users can ignore entire threads, not just other users. Do you think activating such a feature would be useful? There are some tiresome threads I could definitely do without seeing on first pages of some subforums. Not a big deal, though.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Nathan - Site runs great .Thanks for the upgrade. You managed to keep the general feel of the old TFL with some cool new looks. Congrats. One question - if your forum platform is Xenforo, I read somewhere that they have a feature whereby users can ignore entire threads, not just other users. Do you think activating such a feature would be useful? There are some tiresome threads I could definitely do without seeing on first pages of some subforums. Not a big deal, though.
Unfortunately the only way to do this is with custom development. It’s not baked into Xenforo.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
No more full image pics for posts??
Thumb nails only??

Ps: your lounge and your work is much cherished.
B

born113

One of the Regulars
I used to see a media gallery in every discussion thread. This gallery no longer exists.

Yeah, the photos are a bit more cumbersome on my phone. I'll have to work out a good way to upload from there.

I am having an issue where, when I enter a thread with new posts, it doesn't automatically take me to the new post, but a few posts previously. I need to test that on multiple devices, though, to see if it's consistent.

Fern

One of the Regulars
In that particular case, the image in question is inside of a quote, which always has been hidden via View Attachment. If you're replying to the original post that has an image, it should be there.
Yes, the original post has a picture the user embedded. I replied to his post. The image is no longer viewable and just includes the link.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Yes, the original post has a picture the user embedded. I replied to his post. The image is no longer viewable and just includes the link.

The original post has the image in-line:

Any time any of us uses the quote function on the board, it links the images instead of re-displaying them in-line. This is to save on bandwidth and keep you from scrolling past images you already saw in a thread.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Maybe some day I will actually understand all this techno talk. But probably not. Glad I don’t have to. I just more or less figure out what I need to know when I need to know it.

FWIW, things seem faster on my end. That’s all to the better.

Same here, the site loads up much quicker now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112