Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TFL Site Upgrade issues thread

born113

One of the Regulars
ScreenTFLddd.png

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Trivial but wondering...using an iphone there is a scroll up arrow but not one to scroll down.
Any chance of having one??
Thanks for your lounge and you work.
B

Mcox47

Familiar Face
I seem to have lost the little symbol that when clicked would take you to the first unread message. Did we lose that or am I doing something wrong?

seres

A-List Customer
Where do I go to hide the sidebar? Some forums have this option, and others do not. If it is an option here, I can not find it. THANKS!

I seem to have lost the little symbol that when clicked would take you to the first unread message. Did we lose that or am I doing something wrong?

On threads which have updated, there is a "Jump to New" button in the top right that will take you to the first unread message.

Peacoat

Bartender
Before the changeover, we had a red "NEW" flag to the left of each section when we went to the main Forums menu. This indicated at a glance that we had a new post in a particular section. That flag is now missing. Is there a way to retrieve the flag? I found it most useful on two of my sections.

I tried to upload a short mpeg4-video, sized 38,9 MB, but "too large for the server to process"?

But no problem for me, if really impossible! Not that neccessary.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
How do I change privacy settings for folders storing media? Before I could make folders private or choose to be shareable for only certain members. I can't now, or at least can't find/navigate within the new layout. The default (and only option) is public for everyone to see. Related, how do we delete old folders? I can delete the individual contents of a folder, but then an empty folder still remains.

Also, why is this the only method to share pictures via PM? Why can't a picture be uploaded like in a thread?

Thanks, BTW, for the site upgrade. Some small hiccups here and there, but overall it's been an appreciated improvement.

Last edited:
Just a dumb question. Every time I log on I get a message at the bottom of the screen about authorizing "push notifications". Why is there a "Never ask again" option if it still asks every time I click on that option?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Just a dumb question. Every time I log on I get a message at the bottom of the screen about authorizing "push notifications". Why is there a "Never ask again" option if it still asks every time I click on that option?
Zombie, I authorised "push notifications" then regretted it. The constant notifications were irritating. I don't need them as I often check in, especially now as the FL guys have really upped their game on the user-friendliness of this site.

However, until the "never ask again" issue is fixed, try this.

Accept "push notifications". After a few notifications, click on your avatar image on the top bar of the FL site. Find and click "Preferences", find "notifications", then click "disable". It worked for me. I haven't had a notification since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider