Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That's it, I'm out. The ADS ARE RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seank

A-List Customer
I noticed this too today. Adds everywhere, top, bottom, in the middle of posts. WTF?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Vacuum cleaners, birth control, logistics support for my "warehouse", kids bicycles, rental assistance, insurance coverage...

None of those I need and none of those have I searched. Jeez!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
BYE..................
Doug:
I used the same “old” version, not sure there is a new version, as i have since day one and no adds. I use the mobile (iphone) with Adblock Plus installed and never have had adds after Adblocker Plus.
I’ve never used a PC only phone. Not sure this helps but that’s my experience.
Bowen

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
C64JNarWYAA-GDx.jpeg

Fiver64

Practically Family
Annoying? Yes. But consider for a moment that SOMEBODY is spending their time and money to create, maintain run our little happy gathering place here at FL. Selling ad space is nearly EVERY website's way of covering their costs so WE, the users, don't get constantly solicited to contribute to help support the site. We all buy, sell and trade here, but unlike Ebay, the site gets nothing out of the deal. Speaking only for myself, I think it's a bit of a first-world problem to deal with annoying ads, so long as I get to hang out with many fine folks and discuss geeky things like the zippers on an A-2 jacket, or the correct sweatband in a fedora! Let's all check our pulses and take a sip of 75 year old single-malt, then approach this from a civilized angle. Really not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

Seank

A-List Customer
Annoying? Yes. But consider for a moment that SOMEBODY is spending their time and money to create, maintain run our little happy gathering place here at FL. Selling ad space is nearly EVERY website's way of covering their costs so WE, the users, don't get constantly solicited to contribute to help support the site. We all buy, sell and trade here, but unlike Ebay, the site gets nothing out of the deal. Speaking only for myself, I think it's a bit of a first-world problem to deal with annoying ads, so long as I get to hang out with many fine folks and discuss geeky things like the zippers on an A-2 jacket, or the correct sweatband in a fedora! Let's all check our pulses and take a sip of 75 year old single-malt, then approach this from a civilized angle. Really not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.
Please send me a sample of this 75 y.o. Single malt you are sipping and I will gladly partake with you.

Riu

Practically Family
What, fiver ?? I think the members on this forum quite understand the need for some ads but these new ads that started today are covering up and blocking some forum content. Much more than just 'annoying'...or haven't you noticed ??

Seems to be working in incognito mode... I don't think it's a matter of ads, it's their placement that's wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ