Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The $20.00 Montecristi....

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Fino Fino C-Crown (This hat has nearly 1400 wpi) This hat retails for thousands of dollars (except from us!). I was doing some constructive research today on the fellows in the trade who sell top dollar Montecristi hats. One fellow, who I am quite friendly with, states that he has bought some of these ebay hats that are really Cuenca hats. Funny, as of last year when I last talked to him...I WAS THE ONE BUYING THE FAKE HATS and we got quite a chuckle out of it...check out the ULTRA fino person on ebay and look at her feedback...yep, me...not Hawaii...ME!

Anyhow, I saw on this particular website that this fellow's opinion is that people wouldn't like the $20.00 Montecristi. Challenge: I'll sell the $20.00 street price Montecristi for the modest sum of $65.00. That is $20.00 for the hat, $8.00 for Modesto to block it, $21.00 to mail it, paypal fees, webhosting fees, and a modest $8.00 or so for us. This is not the grueso hat nor is there anything "sub" about it. Would you like it?

If you guys get together we can fit up to 10 in a box for about $40.00...that would lower the actual cost considerably. We can FEDEX to, if someone wants to use their FEDEX number.

We can do the hat in any form you want.

The $20.00 Montecristi...what gives??

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I'm confused, let me see if I've got this straight...

You're now selling Fino-Finos for $65?

Brad Bowers

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
The fino fino c-crown is on his website that he referenced in the Fedora page. He shows this hat, stating that another hatter says that we will only want a fino fino like the one in this picture.

http://www.alpacagoods.com/twentydollars.html

He shows a picture of a very high grade fino fino hat, then he says that the other hatter says that we customers won't like the $20 Montecristi sold on the street. He says "Yes, I think that folks will like the Montecristi that costs hatters $20 down there, and to prove it, I'm willing to offer the good folks of this forum the $20 Montecristi with allowing myself only to profit $8 per hat"

Does that make sense? It took me a second look to understand that, but I believe it's what Robert meant.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Aha, methinks I understand now. Too bad I've got one of those Indy Montecristis on order. Still, it would be an affordable second straw hat. Hmmm...

Brad Bowers

Jhorra

New in Town
That's an awesome price, I hope to be able to get one of these, but I think it will take me a month or so before I have the extra funds.

Fabian

New in Town
I'd really like to purchase one.
Will one of your famous hat boxes be included?

You really can't get wrong with that price. :)

Fabian

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Large Hat box $20.00 that looks more or less like this:
1bigbox.jpg

Fabian

New in Town
Is it possible to use it for an 6" Fedoras too?
When will the hats be ready for purchase? - See also my post at COW. :)

Fabian

Edit: Oh - sorry, I didn't realize that you are speaking of different hats here and on COW board. So - when will those Montechristi be ready to purchase?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Fabian,

The regular Montecristi ($20.00 to $400.00) are always ready. A Montecristi Commissioned hat ($900.00) and the Indiana Jones hats can be ordered at any time and the weaving will begin ASAP after order.

Thanks,
Robert

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Nice and fuzzed out, like the pros...hahaha...

Can we not directly link, please and please don't post my photos Fabian, unless you ask...can start costing money like this.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Fabian,

Not copyrights at all. Sometimes my photos show up on ebay against my own hats. Sometimes they show up on other websites....and my photos are certainly horrid!

2mar10

One of the Regulars
I’m interested, but need to see a picture of what I’m buying. Is that possible?

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
I got excited for a second when I saw this thread. Panama Bob scammed me when he decamped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko