Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The $3700 "A2"

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Just a momentary interruption of the gangbang: The garment in question is near the highest level of skin quality and construction found today in leather jackets. Just because it isn't military/work wear should not subject it to mockery. It is what Ferrari is to Jeep, Patek Phillipe to Rolex, formal wear to overalls, etc...........

But go ahead and have at it, boys.......;)

Oh, thanks for settin' us all straight. lol
IMO, adding the A2 tag invites it.
Fashion coats with those price tags are a joke.
My 2¢. And it does provide entertainment, which is priceless.

Last edited:
Oh totally. I'm just a dumb redneck for not seeing the value there.
I could buy a jacket like that (financially speaking) but would never do so. It's an abomination tagged "fashion"
You'll see much the same in the world of "art"
If that makes me "Larry the cable guy", cool.
In your watch/auto analogies, I can explain why they are apropos.
Can you provide details on why this jacket is superior and worth it's price tag? Not just generic statements, but data on how the hides and workmanship justify the cost? I'd love to learn about these superior garments.

Last edited:
This self flagellation is......interesting........

Avoidance...of...explanation...predictable.
Enlighten us. The reply to questioning or in this case, mocking the object is usually to point out the ignorance of those having the laughs. I'm open to being educated. I'll stay up late...If you can provide any data on why this thing is worth 3-4x what a lovely Good Wear costs, I'll buy one! The unsophisticated are at the mercy of the enlightened.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Editing your posts after my response in an effort to paint me unresponsive is LAME!!!!

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Editing your posts after my response in an effort to paint me unresponsive is LAME!!!!

I don't see anything missing from his original post, it is also edited seven minutes before your reply. My mind isn't what it use to be however, even though I'm relatively young so it's possible I missed something...?

Jingo Mastapone

Familiar Face
I appreciate the alternate point of view, myself, but I will ask if the leather in that jacket is better than the leather that Aero uses? I've never touched or seen an Aero in person but they seem to have a very good reputation around here so I'm using them as a standard.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I will ask if the leather in that jacket is better than the leather that Aero uses? .
It is more expensive but it would not suit the purpose (or budget) for which military jackets were designed. For example: I have a pair of Russell Bird Shooters and a pair of John Lobb opera pumps. There is no question as to which is the better made shoe but I'll be damned if I'm wearing those slippers out in the field. The fact is that they are different animals and should not be judged by the same criteria.

I find it humorous to exclude military/inspired leathers from the fashion sector when all garments are inherently fashion.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I don't see anything missing from his original post, it is also edited seven minutes before your reply. My mind isn't what it use to be however, even though I'm relatively young so it's possible I missed something...?
You are assuming that I replied promptly. Often I begin a post in reply to a post but am distracted for various reasons (work, family, etc...) and in this case during a lapse the OP edited all the posts I was responding to. I think you had to be there.;)

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Ok, well as I stated "unless I missed something?" :).

Post Script; I think I may need glasses soon, I can barely make out that smiley face in my post.

Last edited:

Assumptions. You're good at them. I was posting on an iPhone. I made typos and also thought of the last sentence while fixing. Your reply was NOT THERE YET.
I did not edit to do any such thing - you managed that all by yourself.
But I see you still didn't have data on this work of art so I missed nothing.

You are assuming that I replied promptly. Often I begin a post in reply to a post but am distracted for various reasons (work, family, etc...) and in this case during a lapse the OP edited all the posts I was responding to. I think you had to be there.;)

Unreal. You can start a reply and finish later but I can't?
Hey pot...Get over yourself already.
Again, so you get it, your reply was not yet there. Period. I probably edit 40% of my posts soon after on the iPhone. Just the way it is. Time stamps there to see. I almost never remove anything, only fix and/or add to.
The thread was light-hearted until you came along to scold. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tony B

One of the Regulars
AC lyles could you tell me which tannery they get the hide from...I assume you know which tannery and range from your assertion, I am always happy the hear about good quality leather suppliers....the best I have found in europe is hulshof and this doesn't look like any of their hides I have had.

Also since when has putting a large ugly seem across the front of a leather jacket to save using larger panels been a sign of superior manufacture, especially when by the look of it they are using at least 8-10 stitches an inch ,if not more, which weakens the leather and leads ripped seems as the leather has too many holes in it.

Very poor....looks more like something from a market stall down the east end of London which you would expect change from £200 for ......should you want something that pooly put together that is.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I was prepared to answer your first question........and then I read on and realised that you are trolling.

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Trolling? I was just pointing out that I think leather jackets should be made properly not sewn together like fabric jackets where more stitches mean more strength...it is the opposite with leather , the most commonly recommended being 6 stitches to the inch for clothing weight leather.

Anyway now that is cleared up are you could you answer the first question now please, thank you in anticipation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay