Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

New previously classified documents on the JFK assassination released. The article states that a majority of Americans do not believe the Warren Commission’s finding that Kennedy was killed by a lone gunman, acting alone...Some of you will laugh, but I really am not a conspiracy theorist...
I don't actively endorse any theories myself, I just find it difficult to believe Oswald was skilled enough to have accomplished it the way the "official" story claims he did. I personally put more faith in the theory that Kennedy was accidentally killed by Secret Service Agent George W. Hickey Jr. from the rear seat of the follow-up car, but that theory is also filled with "a lot of things had to happen at exactly the right moment for that to be possible" rubbish. I sincerely believe the truth won't be revealed during my lifetime.

Fifty150

One Too Many
upload_2021-12-15_22-22-1.png

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Greyfriars cemetery in Edinburgh, Scotland. This is where the ghost in question once threw a brick at my best friend. I was not with him at the time. But I have no reason to doubt him and he would not make up such a story. He took an after dark tour of the cemetery and was lingering behind the tour at this particular tomb when the incident occurred. He had a witness and they logged the incident in the official cemetery log book. The Ghost is supposedly one of the most active ghosts in Scotland and is well documented. (I, of course, toured the cemetery and nothing was observed.)

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/new...ted-edinburgh-tomb-greyfriars-opened-22452209

Harp

I'll Lock Up
New previously classified documents on the JFK assassination released. The article states that a majority of Americans do not believe the Warren Commission’s finding that Kennedy was killed by a lone gunman, acting alone.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/15/politics/biden-administration-jfk-documents/index.html

Some of you will laugh, but I really am not a conspiracy theorist. I just get bored with the normal news cycle and am always on the lookout for quirky stories. But in this case I might be willing to make an exception. Several things about the official Lee Harvey Oswald story (not least of which the manner of his death) strike me as unlikely. Do I have an alternate theory that I endorse? Not really. There are plenty of plausible suspects and I am not a scholar regarding the case. Be that as it may, it seems that a majority don’t buy the official verdict. But it has been long enough that most people just shrug and say “oh well.” Still, it is a mystery.

Oswald will remain enigmatic, a distaff loner who killed JFK with several shots fired from a lousy
Italian rifle with scope zeroed to target distance. An ex-Marine, nothing extraordinary.

Grassy knollers and sundry say what pleases them, but truth is stranger than nonsense.

Oswald's murder was indeed strange, but hardly outside realm or reason and Jack Ruby died in prison
a considerable time afterward without remarking anything beyond the obvious.
a considerable time afterward.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
See paragraph 4. “There are docs sealed away in the archives that might never be made public.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/12/15/jfk-kennedy-assassination-documents-524221

Of course, that begs the question: “why?”

My guess; admittedly off the cuff, is that the files have yet to be thoroughly combed, properly indexed,
and ready for release. I frankly don't buy all the bullshit surrounding what was a singular act of ordinary
marksmanship by a troubled young man-a very deeply ill man-and the laity who believe they see a hit
pattern involving more than one rifleman. I've seen the McGruder film and it's consonant with the lone
wolf shot pattern, including a round to JFK's head. A second round in the neck, exited his throat.
Oswald attempted a trinity of three rounds, a standard sniper pitch. Two rounds thrown crossed over
home plate with the thrice dice foul which struck Texas governor Connely in the shoulder.
Oswald used a bolt action rifle; presumably wrapped sling, and thrice was within expectancy.

CIA, FBI and all the other christened holier-than-thou types always bitch and moan over intel,
sos that is standard normal. All files need public airing, once properly reviewed.
After all this time for good sake.

Tiki Tom

We have discussed big cat sightings in the U.K. and Australia. When I heard the name “Jaguarundi” and saw the title of this article, I thought “Not to be outdone, Texas has its own big cat mystery!”

https://www.texasmonthly.com/travel/in-search-of-texas-jaguarundi/

(To me, the second photo down does not look like a Bobcat!)

I was surprised to learn that a Jaguarundi is indeed a real species. It is not a cryptozoological theory. The question is: does their range extend up into Texas and Arizona (from Central America). Some say “yes”, some say “no”. It seem that this would be pretty easy to solve. But the debate continues. Given that some roadkill was even found a few years back, I’d say that should end the discussion, but I guess not. As with most mysteries, the question has attracted its share of zealots.
This seems strangely similar to the Thylacine debate down under. Every year there are unconfirmed sightings and fuzzy photos. Nice to think that nature still has a few secrets, even in well trodden lands.

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
We have discussed big cat sightings in the U.K. and Australia. When I heard the name “Jaguarundi” and saw the title of this article, I thought....

Four months ago I sighted my '94 Jaguar XJS convertible which was sold to a dealer because
the IRS and I had some misunderstandings.o_O:oops::eek::(

Harp

I'll Lock Up
It was probably the tax man driving it.

Ironically, I once worked inside the Veterans Administration Chicago Regional Counsel Office
where all tortious, criminal, and work compensation claims ran through my desk; Uncle Sam
was my client and I filed recover of over $3million per annum. Tenacious and thorough, through
exactitude my desk billed out more than any other office nation wide. And all lawyers dealt therein
knew and understood who I represented; so I got a taste of my own medicine.
An occasional dash of salt is good for the soul. Veritas. ;)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
And all lawyers dealt therein knew and understood who I represented; so I got a taste of my own medicine. An occasional dash of salt is good for the soul. Veritas. ;)
A dash of salt is a good metaphor. Another comes from a 1846 translation of Eugène Sue's Mathilde: Mémoires d'une Jeune Femme.
"la vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid." "revenge is a dish best eaten cold."

You tell a good tale Harp.

Tiki Tom

New study supposedly confirms that gravity/tides/moon phases do indeed effect human behavior. In my family, it was a sort of folk myth that one of our siblings went a little bat sh$t crazy whenever there was a full moon. Could it be true after all? My sister in law who fancies herself a “hedge witch” would say “of course it’s true. My potions work best during a full moon (or no moon, depending.)”

https://www.studyfinds.org/sun-and-moon-impact-behavior/

GHT

I'll Lock Up
New study supposedly confirms that gravity/tides/moon phases do indeed effect human behavior. In my family, it was a sort of folk myth that one of our siblings went a little bat sh$t crazy whenever there was a full moon. Could it be true after all?
It's easy to forget that the Latin for the moon is "luna." From luna comes, "one who is affected by the moon's cycle, "lunatic."
My sister in law who fancies herself a “hedge witch” would say “of course it’s true. My potions work best during a full moon (or no moon, depending.)”https://www.studyfinds.org/sun-and-moon-impact-behavior/
When my wife was having her last eye test, the optician was try her hardest to sell my missus the most expensive, latest, all whistles & bells, specatacles, to which my good lady replied: "Don't you know? Witches see better in the dark." A flummoxed optician had no response. Ha! I wish I had been there.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
. Another comes from a 1846 translation of Eugène Sue's Mathilde: Mémoires d'une Jeune Femme.
"la vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid." "revenge is a dish best eaten cold."

In taking revenge a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior.

Francis Bacon

GHT

I'll Lock Up
In taking revenge a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior.

Francis Bacon
Did you know that The Baconian theory of Shakespeare authorship holds that Sir Francis Bacon, philosopher, essayist and scientist, wrote the plays which were publicly attributed to William Shakespeare? Thus the plays were credited to Shakespeare, who was merely a front to shield the identity of Bacon.
Conspiratorial theorists were alive and well in the 16th & 17th centuries.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
It's easy to forget that the Latin for the moon is "luna." From luna comes, "one who is affected by the moon's cycle, "lunatic."
New study supposedly confirms that gravity/tides/moon phases do indeed effect human behavior. In my family, it was a sort of folk myth that one of our siblings went a little bat sh$t crazy whenever there was a full moon. Could it be true after all? My sister in law who fancies herself a “hedge witch” would say “of course it’s true. My potions work best during a full moon (or no moon, depending.)”/

A decade or so past, this cute little brunette and professional acquaintance claimed she was a witch,
with duly enrolled dues paying membership in a real Wicca no less; and, coincidentally possessed a very
high sexual drive, which she believed to be a curse of some witchcraft lineage. All of this over what I
had mistakenly believed to be a working luncheon. Something off the menu offered. I remembered
a gag line spoken by a Ranger instructor: 'Sometimes youse the hound, somtimes the hare;
and sometimes youse think youse the hound but youse really the hare.'

I declined dessert and high tailed it out of the restaurant. Stiffed her with the bill.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21