Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

fireman

One of the Regulars
^^^^ Thanks!

So, here is a real head scratcher. Some kind of mysterious humanoid was caught on a security camera. My first reaction was that it is just a person. But the more I watched, the more I had to change my mind. For one thing, it’s size is a bit small in comparison to that automobile. That said, I have no idea what it is. Too clear and too solid to be a ghost. Neither does it meet the usual “Alien” profile. That leaves a cryptozoological creature (a gargoyle!) or a being from another dimension. :) There is always the far fetched possibility that it’s a clever hoax. (No! You say.) Especially since it lacks provenance. Always a red flag. Also: the alleged “security camera” is moving around. And it’s too much to hope that you’d be able to read that license plate. But still, it is a nicely done Effort.
At the end of the day: it is pretty creepy, and we’ve seen some weird stuff.
Any insights? What is your suspicion?

https://paranormalitymag.com/video-of-pale-humanoid-caught-on-security-cam/
That is wild.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
^^^^ Thanks!

So, here is a real head scratcher. Some kind of mysterious humanoid was caught on a security camera. My first reaction was that it is just a person. But the more I watched, the more I had to change my mind. For one thing, it’s size is a bit small in comparison to that automobile. That said, I have no idea what it is. Too clear and too solid to be a ghost. Neither does it meet the usual “Alien” profile. That leaves a cryptozoological creature (a gargoyle!) or a being from another dimension. :) There is always the far fetched possibility that it’s a clever hoax. (No! You say.) Especially since it lacks provenance. Always a red flag. Also: the alleged “security camera” is moving around. And it’s too much to hope that you’d be able to read that license plate. But still, it is a nicely done Effort.
At the end of the day: it is pretty creepy, and we’ve seen some weird stuff.
Any insights? What is your suspicion?

https://paranormalitymag.com/video-of-pale-humanoid-caught-on-security-cam/

At first I thought it might be Joe Biden who had escaped his carers but since he casts no shadow, nor has any shadowing, he is obviously from another dimension.
"The Truth Is Out There."

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just when you thought you’d heard it all.
Does a grave in North Carolina contain the body of the great Napoleonic general, Marshal Ney (aka, “the bravest of the brave”)???
It‘s a fantastic story and a nice mystery, containing a fun conspiracy linking Ney and Wellington and the Free Masons. Who could ask for more? Especially if you are a Napoleon buff.
The question is: could it possibly be true? I can’t believe I haven’t heard this one before.
Anyone in North Carolina care to comment? Does anyone have additional info?

https://statesville.com/news/local/...cle_cfeda12c-fd4c-11ec-9407-2f3ea194ca32.html

fireman

One of the Regulars
Does a grave in North Carolina contain the body of the great Napoleonic general, Marshal Ney (aka, “the bravest of the brave”)???
It‘s a fantastic story and a nice mystery, containing a fun conspiracy linking Ney and Wellington and the Free Masons. Who could ask for more? Especially if you are a Napoleon buff.
The question is: could it possibly be true? I can’t believe I haven’t heard this one before.

https://statesville.com/news/local/...cle_cfeda12c-fd4c-11ec-9407-2f3ea194ca32.html
I like to think the old soldier got to live out his years in peace.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up

Unfortunately, the arrest, trial & execution of Michel Ney in 1815 is well documented & his final resting place is in the père Lachaise cemetery in Paris.............................................................or is it ?

1657780869241.png

Tiki Tom

And then he shows up in America in 1816. Absolutely fascinating stuff!
somewhere, I have a photo of me in front of Ney’s statue in Paris. Up until now, I never questioned the standard version of history.
However, I’ve been spending the last few hours looking for clues. At minimum, you have to wonder who Peter Stuart Ney actually was. This next article offers up some additional tantalizing clues….

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/grave-of-peter-stuart-ney

I certainly hope that the French Television team that is sponsoring the current excavation of the grave finds enough bones to conduct a proper DNA analysis.

The evidence is mixed, but I confess that it would tickle me if it is Napoleon’s Marshal Ney. It’s the romantic in me.

Happy Bastille Day, July 14th!

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
The plot thickens; Dumesnil, a gravedigger in the Père-Lachaise cemetery, who in 1903, was involved with the transfer of Ney's remains from his first grave (a simple flagstone marked the emplacement ) to the real tomb , always claimed that the coffin was empty.
Then of course there are the physical similarities & talents which would be hard to impersonate & he was a ginger top which aren't that common & he apparently combed his hair the same way as the marshal Ney, who comberd his hair that particular way to hide a scar on the left side of his head. .
And what about his name ? Why did Michel Ney, if it was him, chose Peter Stuart Ney ? There is a good chance that having found refuge in America, he didn't want to abandon his prestigious name, Ney. And this is where even the most hardened cynic must take a deep breath, his father was named Pierre (Peter in English) & 'Stuart' could be a reference to his mother's often claimed Scottish ascendance.
But here is the clincher, the undertaker who washed the dead body of Peter Stuart Ney in preperation for his funeral, mentioned a very deep scar almost to the bone, from his left shoulder down to the elbow. On the 22nd december 1794, at the battle of Mayence, the marchal Rey received his worst war injury.........to his left shoulder.
When one delves into it, there are just so many coincidenecs that it's easy to believe that Peter Stuart Ney & the marchal Michel Ney are one & the same but.......yes there is always a but....such legends are often built on hear say & 3rd party accounts, not to mention details created to furnish what is already believed but I am considerably more open minded now than when you first brought the case to our attention.
If what is recounted about him during his time in the Carolinas is true, he was certainly an extraordinary person.

Tiki Tom

Agreed.
Also: Apparently several of Napoleon’s top officers fled to the USA after the wars. For example: (Lallemand’s story is a dashing tale in its own right.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_Antoine_Lallemand

So, the Ney story is not without precedent.

I agree that there are a lot of third hand stories and confirmations in the Peter Stuart Ney legend (I read one claim that Stuart was the maiden name of the general’s mother. Apparently that is not true. ??? But the story is told often enough that it muddies the water and I am still a little unsure.)

But i Do find some of the tangible evidence compelling. Primarily the surviving book about Napoleon and the wars with Peter Stuart Ney’s hand written corrections written in the margins. It has been noted that PSN’s handwriting was judged to be “very similar” to the general’s handwriting. It seems that a modern handwriting analysis would not be out of place.

But I agree that there are enough unlikely coincidences to make a person wonder. Everything I’ve read seems to indicate that the acidic soil in North Carolina has taken its toll and that there is not much bone left to be found. That’s not conclusive and I may be wrong about that.

But couldn’t they reopen the grave in Paris and attempt the same thing there? Assuming the coffin is not empty!

One pleasant side effect of this mystery, is that it has reignited my interest in Napoleonic history. I have started rereading Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s “Exploits and Adventures of Brigadier Gerard”. What a hoot. From Portugal to Moscow to Waterloo, it’s the wild adventures of a dashing fictional French Hussar officer. I’m enjoying it very much.

Correction: Apparently, they have recovered a piece of skull from an earlier exhumation.

https://www.wbtv.com/2022/07/08/rem...remain-whether-he-was-french-military-leader/

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

Do psychedelic drugs increase your chances of having telepathic experiences? Or are people who are willing to try psychedelic drugs predisposed to believe in telepathy from the start? I suppose I would lean towards the later explanation. BTW, the results of the Grateful Dead concert telepathy experiment are in the last five paragraphs of the article.

To be sure, some of these stories are highly strange. The discussion is worth considering because, apparently, several states are toying with the idea of legalizing psychedelics. Do psychedelic drugs permanently rewire brains?

Mostly, I’m interested in the nature of consciousness. Does the brain create consciousness —taking sensory inputs and combining them in such a way as to generate self aware thoughts? ie, it’s a pretty straight forward mechanical process. OR does the brain operate as a filter —filtering out inputs that are not strictly necessary for bodily survival? Under this hypothesis, consciousness is also something that is being “filtered”. Proponents of the second theory conjecture that psychedelics might loosen the valve of the filter.
Trippendicular, dude!

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z34...lationship-between-psychedelics-and-telepathy

Tiki Tom

Unfortunately, because he was resurrected there are no physical remains left behind to match this to, so..."

Au contraire!

A great story with echoes of Indiana Jones or Dan Brown. It certainly has a sacred MacGuffin.

I like that the thieves were too frightened of the relic’s magic powers to keep it or destroy it. And that the real life “recoverer of rare artifacts” tiptoed around it while it was under his roof.

Clearly, I pursued the wrong career. I would have preferred this guy‘s line of work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ic-it-reemerged-at-detectives-door/ar-AAZONOv

Tiki Tom

Another true mystery.
The straightness of the line does make it look like it was artificially created.
could it be a series of holes dug by some as yet unknown creature? Or perhaps it is just following a natural crack in the sea floor?
To be filed under “mysteries of the deep.”
(As you know, I like to believe that there are some remarkable things yet to be discovered in our oceans.)

https://www.aol.com/news/look-almost-human-made-noaa-112729317.html

fireman

One of the Regulars
Another true mystery.
The straightness of the line does make it look like it was artificially created.
could it be a series of holes dug by some as yet unknown creature? Or perhaps it is just following a natural crack in the sea floor?
To be filed under “mysteries of the deep.”
(As you know, I like to believe that there are some remarkable things yet to be discovered in our oceans.)

https://www.aol.com/news/look-almost-human-made-noaa-112729317.html
That's man made.

Tiki Tom

That's man made.

The article is not precisely written, but it seems to imply that these photos were taken at great depth; perhaps as deep as 1.7 miles. If it is man made, what is it for and how long does it stretch? Looking at it again with fresh eyes, it almost looks like there’s a cable or something stringing the holes together. Maybe that’s just an illusion. It’s hard to imagine the water pressure that deep. It is strange, whatever it is.

fireman

One of the Regulars
The article is not precisely written, but it seems to imply that these photos were taken at great depth; perhaps as deep as 1.7 miles. If it is man made, what is it for and how long does it stretch? Looking at it again with fresh eyes, it almost looks like there’s a cable or something stringing the holes together. Maybe that’s just an illusion. It’s hard to imagine the water pressure that deep. It is strange, whatever it is.

That it is the entrance to Atlanta but the media won't admit it.

Tiki Tom

This is a very strange video… from China. It records the sighting of a fairy city in the clouds. Most likely explained by a temperature inversion that creates a mirage that reflects distant objects. …Then again, maybe it’s a portal into another dimension. :oops:

Original Chinese news story:
https://news-mydrivers-com.translate.goog/1/845/845314.htm?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

It’s so weird that I’d almost doubt the meteorological Fata Morgana explanation and suspect that the video is a hoax.

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Plus they are in the sediment & not rock so there must be some kind of continual below surface activity to prevent the 'holes' from silting over.

Tiki Tom

The story has been picked up by the Miami Herald. This version includes additional information, including confirmation that the depth was 1.6 miles and also that the weird feature was seen on three other dives, including one at 4,900 feet. At least one scientist speculates that the holes might have been created by “the feeding appendage of a large animal.” I’d like to see the artwork accompanying that theory!

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article263826458.html

What? No comments on the Chinese clouds?
Why doesn’t anyone in the press decisively identify the actual, real buildings that are supposedly being reflected? Shouldn’t be that hard.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ