Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some politicians want to get rid of beef & dairy cattle, blaming the methane gas cattle produce for global warming. I wonder how much methane gas a continent full of plant eating wooly mammoths would produce?
One of the most deceitful falsehoods pushed by certain agenda-driven groups. Even with only my year 12-level science education, I can work out that cows don't magically produce methane out of nothing. The carbon dioxide is absorbed into the grass they eat via photosynthesis, so it starts off in the atmosphere in the first place.

And yes, if they were really so concerned about methane emissions, they sure wouldn't be letting thousands of mammoths out to roam the Siberian plains.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Physicist claims he has cracked time travel.

https://www.earth.com/news/astrophysicist-says-hes-cracked-the-equation-for-time-travel/

Have we learned nothing at all?
Before galavanting through time, we need to ask the philosophical and timey-wimey questions. What happens if you accidentally step on that butterfly? Is it possible to go back in time and kill your own grandfather? What strange historical ripples would occur if you killed baby Hitler in his crib? If the past solidly exists somewhere, does the future also solidly exist somewhere? Is free will therefore an illusion?

Regarding Princess Kate’s cancer; before diving into all these classics about 19th century aristocracy (Pride and Prejudice, Anna Karenina) I didn‘t bother to think much about the royals. Now I do find myself paying attention and sympathizing. Have the classics expanded my horizon? Anyway, I wish Kate and her father-in-law all the best.
Einstein's theory of relativity applies to black hole gravitational spin, quite beyond human reach.

HRH Catherine is a national treasure but I've sensed and heard public clamour sentiment against the
Royal Family because ''Dallas at the Palace'' has had some lasting effect. However 'Kate' is beloved and most
are strongly pulling for her and Prince William.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
HRH Catherine is a national treasure but I've sensed and heard public clamour sentiment against the
Royal Family because ''Dallas at the Palace'' has had some lasting effect. However 'Kate' is beloved and most
are strongly pulling for her and Prince William.
To round off the week during which his wife admitted editing a photograph of their family, and was widely ridiculed for doing so Prince William concluded the week's hysteria by poking fun at his wife's 'arty' skills.

While visiting a youth group in Shepherd's Bush, London, Prince William made a self-deprecating joke as he decorated biscuits by saying, 'My wife is the arty one.'

One of the most deceitful falsehoods pushed by certain agenda-driven groups. Even with only my year 12-level science education, I can work out that cows don't magically produce methane out of nothing. The carbon dioxide is absorbed into the grass they eat via photosynthesis, so it starts off in the atmosphere in the first place.

And yes, if they were really so concerned about methane emissions, they sure wouldn't be letting thousands of mammoths out to roam the Siberian plains.
I also wondered how a “tuskless” wooly mammoth might survive? Did they declaw the Sawtooth pack of timber wolves before they reintroduced them in Yellowstone? Of course not.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
To round off the week during which his wife admitted editing a photograph of their family, and was widely ridiculed for doing so Prince William concluded the week's hysteria by poking fun at his wife's 'arty' skills.
After HRH sat her video, I frankly doubt she had any time for photography. All this bad press ridiculous tosh
with constant trolls whom persist with their silliness.:mad:

Benny Holiday

I also wondered how a “tuskless” wooly mammoth might survive? Did they declaw the Sawtooth pack of timber wolves before they reintroduced them in Yellowstone? Of course not.
A very valid point HJ. The tusks weren't just there for the fun of it, they clearly served a purpose for the animal. Imagine the boffins spending ludicrous billions of dollars to "breed" and release tuskless mammoths into the wild only for them to be dead three months later because they had no tusks to dig through permafrost with (or whatever use they had for them).

Tiki Tom

Here at the Fedora Lounge Adventure Speakeasy Klub (F.L.A.S.K.), we love a good historic sword that is purported to have magical powers. “joyeuse” the legendary sword of Charlemagne, is a prime example. What a great story!

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/joyeuse-sword-003020

IMG_0001.jpeg

Any other legendary blades that we should add to the list?

Tiki Tom

Maybe not magical but one of the oldest "trademarks" in the world, there even exists forgeries:

[/URL]

That is very cool. It’s fun to mentally imagine what it must have been like to live in the dark ages and carry an Ulfberht sword. It’s amazing to think how small human populations were and how vast those European forests must have been. And filled with trolls, hobbits, and wizards!

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
That is very cool. It’s fun to mentally imagine what it must have been like to live in the dark ages and carry an Ulfberht sword. It’s amazing to think how small human populations were and how vast those European forests must have been. And filled with trolls, hobbits, and wizards!
Out there in the jungle baby you're part of the fast drive up minimum wage food chain. :eek:

Tiki Tom

And then there is the mystery of the Honjō Masamune. It is a samurai sword that’s considered to be a national treasure. It was forged 700 years ago and passed down from shogun to shogun. Supposedly this sword could differentiate between those who were honorable and those who were ripe to get sliced to pieces. The Honjo Masamune mysteriously disappeared at the end of WWII; supposedly taken by a U.S. sergeant. my best guess? That it is sitting in a cardboard box in some grandma’s attic somewhere in the Midwest. :)

https://www.historydefined.net/honjo-masamune/

The one from the North

One of the Regulars
Fascinating! The length and traditionalism of Japanese culture always amazes me. When that sword was made, our oldest, and at the time only, city was a few decades old.
Btw, I hope that diverse interests are a sign of a active mind. After reading that article kept looking at the recent posts: "Stunning photos of Raquel Wel..." Click!... :)

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Btw, I hope that diverse interests are a sign of a active mind. After reading that article kept looking at the recent posts: "Stunning photos of Raquel Wel..." Click!... :)
Raquel 37-24-36 stars in Myra Breckinridge, attributed the worst movie ever made. Even beat The Blob and
Invasion of The Body Snatchers and Shakespeare in Love.:eek: So natch Myra Breckinridge is required F.L.A.S.K. film must see viewing.:p No exceptions. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner