Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Annual Affliction.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I don’t recall what happened after that (diminished capacity). At some point I think I had the brim of a trilby between my teeth, but in all honesty, it could have been an ear. First thing I remember clearly (I swear) is the darts from the officer’s Taser hitting me in the back.

OHHHH that's gonna leave a mark......:D

Lorne

One of the Regulars
Another update:

After returning home from the police station I had a frank and honest discussion with my wife, during which we exchanged views on a wide range of subjects.

In part, she expressed a general concern about her child's physical and emotional well being, given his sensitive nature and gentle disposition.

I offered an alternative perspective, likening her child to a land dwelling great white (the perfect eating machine), only not as bright or charming as the original.

I was intending to expand upon those points when I recalled Officer 7 1/4, and his taser, and elected to keep brevity the essence of whit.

My wife and I closed our conversation by reaching a number of agreements, the most relevant of which is I will be sleeping in my car; quiet possibly until he weather turns cooler in September.

I think this episode has been a learning experience for both of us. I am sure we will both look back on this some day and laugh, recognizing this as just one of those things that adds color to a relationship.

If not, then my first wife got all my good stuff anyway....

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
I wanna hang out at Lorne's house. It sounds fun.

Anyone know where I can get a tweed trilby? I want to make sure I'm appropriately dressed.

*runs*

Lorne

One of the Regulars
So, this is how things have played out.

My wife tells me she wants to do a sit-down with me and her son to keep peace in the family.

I’m all in favor of this. I grew up in Brooklyn and Grandma was Sicilian, so I know if I do the sit down then I can whack the guy after without having to worry about how the Capo is going to take it. No way is this putz a made man.

Anyway, we meet up for dinner and the kid starts into a monologue where he cites Voltaire, Thomas Jefferson and Hobbs and Locke. I’d would have been impressed, but he was clearly reading from notes he wrote on the palm of his hand. To make matters worse, he was nervous, so his palms were sweaty and his notes must have smeared.

Voltaire became Voltage, Thomas Jefferson became George Jefferson and Hobbs and Locke became Calvin and Hobbs.

To further steal the kid’s steam, while he was holding forth on the Rights of Man, his mother leaned over and began to cut his entre into bite sized pieces.

What can I say; I love my wife but the gene pool is a little shallow on that side of the family.

Anyway, at the end of the conversation I decided not to whack him. Why go through all the trouble when he is probably going to do the work for me when he wants to listen to the radio while he takes a bath or uses a metal knife to get a stuck piece of bread out of a toaster.

I'm guess you could say I'm going to let Natural Selection do the heavy lifting for me...

Last edited:

-30-

A-List Customer
I would tend to believe that the rub in the tub for this Bub would more than suffice.

Kind regards,
-30-

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy