Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best of 2011

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yes this is a tough, tough thread, and changes of the mind would be rapid and often. However, I can think of three that stand out initially.

1. Coble's Black Sheep Copperpot. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ep-Hat-Works&p=1227085&viewfull=1#post1227085

Great choice - this was one of my favorites as well. Bob Jesse certainly gets my vote as "most creative hatmaker of the year!"

2. DJH's Pecan Tumwater (though I don't know when he acquired it) http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...earing-Today&p=1213388&viewfull=1#post1213388

Thanks for the Tumwater love - this was indeed a 2011 hat. As I mentioned many times, I'm a huge fan of Tony's work and he is a great guy and forum member as well.

Another excellent choice!

Agree - there were a lot of nice Black Cherry hats from Art this year (I love mine!), but the colour combo on Cliff's makes this one stand out. I don't recall seeing Cliff around for a while - hope he's OK.

My personal best hat of 2011 is hands down the Optimo I designed and Graham made.
23121392.jpg

I love this one, my favorite Optimo of this year (although Delectans' Silverbelly is right up there too).

And Blackthorne's Black Sheep, and Delectans' hommie (do I really like a hommie??) and ... and ...

Nigel

One of the Regulars
There have been many hats I have thought "now that I would like" this year but the #1 that comes to mind is Links BGCD that he recently posted. See below.
photo-34.jpg

coble

A-List Customer
thanks djh and bowlerman, definately makes me feel proud to own the Copperpot from Bob.

Here are my picks.

everything163copy.jpg
bowlermans Falcon, i love this hat in a whole.

5036797434_77e2b97a62_z.jpg
mayserwegeners bowler

Coble, Thanks! I wore that Dunn Co. Lightweight the other day.

I am addicted to Austrian Velours so I am going with Robert's (RLK) JHS Crystall Velour Back Bow.

5431621638_8e1958d9a9_b.jpg

5431621642_0d6336c2de_z.jpg

fmw

One Too Many
I'll make it easy on myself and say that the Optimos and Fawcetts I've seen posted all wind my clock. What a great bunch of customs I've seen all year long.

Link

One of the Regulars
Thank you Nigel.

One hat that always catches my eye when I see it is Neophyte's Buckaroo Hatters Moorelite fedora. That is one great looking hat. I would have to search to find a picture of it, and unfortunately I don't have time right now. I'll try to find it later.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you Nigel.

One hat that always catches my eye when I see it is Neophyte's Buckaroo Hatters Moorelite fedora. That is one great looking hat. I would have to search to find a picture of it, and unfortunately I don't have time right now. I'll try to find it later.

Thanks Link :).

That's a close one, Link. I got that lightwieght January 9th, 2011.

BoneBuckaroo3.jpg

As much as I love my Buckaroo hats, though, if I had to choose a "best of show" it would have to be RLK's bowtastic VS custom, both for its aesthetics and its technical merit.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Link :).

That's a close one, Link. I got that lightwieght January 9th, 2011.

BoneBuckaroo3.jpg

As much as I love my Buckaroo hats, though, if I had to choose a "best of show" it would have to be RLK's bowtastic VS custom, both for its aesthetics and its technical merit.

Man Alex.. how could I forget that one!!!
I was there when you got it.
Let me go ahead and add that one to the list also.
It looks perfect on you!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Would it be totally shameless of me to pimp my own hat?

Maybe. ;)

But my Black Sheep custom which I got in Feb. this year is a hat I really love. Perfect proportions for me, an awesome hand dyed color, and a very cool ribbon:
2011-11-30121658.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
not shameful at all. It's definitely one to be proud of.
And YES-- Al's Dobbs 20.
Ho boy. If we're not careful, this could just turn into a "What hat were you wearing yesterday?" thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner