Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The big thread to identify jackets worn in movies/tv series

christian-h

One of the Regulars
The big thread to identify jackets worn in movies

Hi guys.

I frequently want to identify jackets worn in movies and tv-series etc., but I don’t want to flood the forum with new threads every week. (I also feel that they would lack of good substance).

So, what do you think about a general thread where you just can shoot out a picture, tag the movie/tv-serie and hope for an answer?

Here's my first question:

Can anyone identify the red wax jacket worn by Jules (played by Frédéric Andréi) in the movie Diva? (Written by Jean-Jacques Beineix; from 1981.)

Diva Red Wax Jacket 1981.png

By the way: I highly recommend this movie, check it out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082269/

Diva-Movive-Cover.jpg

And hey, I still love those threads that handle the depth; keep em posted!

Take care FL!

Edward

Bartender
Based on other pictures I found from this movie, I would say it is a red Belstaff Trialmaster, complete wit the belt...

Like this one.

"Diva" is a good movie, I saw a long time ago... :)

Yes, Belstaff for sure: the logo on the upper sleeve is very clear in the photo. One of their ventures away from the classic, more muted colours in that period. It won't have been vintage, I think; mostvlikely just off the shelf eighties version. That said, the quality would likely still have been there: it's only much more recent times that have seen the advent of a purely "fashion" (and overpriced) line.

christian-h

One of the Regulars
Thank you for all the replys and yes: it's a Belstaff Trailmaster. I also got this information: "the good ones are the waxes ones with Sammy Miller on the tag".

Let the hunt begin!
Given the logo on the sleeve I wonder if this is a troll thread…
No, this isn't a troll thread; I didn't recognize the logo. I have never handled any Belstaff garments. Their new products is not interesting to me and I have never really looked up Belstaff, until now. I also live in a small town in Sweden, so I just don't run in to interesting clothes that often.

The correct Trailmasters in red is apparently extremely hard to find and the fetch a big chunk on money. Here's one listed on EBay right now:

Sammy Miller Belstaff Trailmaster Red.jpeg

Sammy Miller Belstaff Trailmaster Red 2.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2757339659...rq3JhDcP3ttZXAdZ9ZzTI4Vw==|tkp:Bk9SR76RsOzaYQ

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No, this isn't a troll thread; I didn't recognize the logo. I have never handled any Belstaff garments. Their new products is not interesting to me and I have never really looked up Belstaff, until now. I also live in a small town in Sweden, so I just don't run in to interesting clothes that often.

That’s fair. I was skeptical because you were able to identify it as a wax jacket, which would usually signal familiarity with Barbour and Belstaff.

christian-h

One of the Regulars
That’s fair. I was skeptical because you were able to identify it as a wax jacket, which would usually signal familiarity with Barbour and Belstaff.
Ah, I see. I do have some knowledge about Barbour and I have owned a really nice Solway, but Belstaff is (was?) deep water to me.

barnabus

One Too Many

Edward

Bartender
Jings, those "real" ones look an awful lot nicer than the movie image.

Interesting they were the Guevara model; I remember that one (there was a thread on here a long time back where we remarked on the dubious claims made by Belstaff to having been worn by Guevara himself), but I'd not seen it in this bright red hue before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21