Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Hat Brigade

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Fabulous hat Jack, curious about BRE a bit of research threw up this fabulous thread. https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vintage-stetson-boss-raw-edge.96858/ The things that I have learned on this forum.

Black Fedora 002.JPG

Black hats can really have impact, they can also have the look of the undertaker. I tell you this though. If the undertakers wear shoes like mine at my funeral, I would be impressed!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There's style and there's style and let me tell you Jack, your style takes the biscuit as we Brits say when we are seriously impressed.
Tina, my Mrs, is laid low with a flu bug at present, I had it too, but nothing like the way it's hit her. She's just back from seeing the doctor, I have made her some chicken broth soup and she's responding to that and to the medication the doctor prescribed.
"Look at this," I said, showing her your post on her tablet. "Not bad," she mused, adding, "he's got a great hat and I love his boots," bet he hasn't got a shirt like your's though."
Floral shirt 003.JPG

A shirt, very similar to this, went down a storm at Nashville's Wildhorse Saloon. At the time the venue was famous for line dancing, which we could do, but we are trained ballroom dancers and just for a bit of variation we can dance a seriously gymnastic jive, or we could, we were much younger back then.

It was early afternoon, the dance floor was all but empty, Tina approached the DJ and asked permission to dance a jive. "Why not," he said, playing the most known, but unimaginative: Bill Haley's, "Rock Around The Clock." We danced our socks off, I lifted her, spun her, threw her all around the ballroom floor. The cheering when we finished was incredible given the few people in there.

The DJ had us return that evening, the place was packed, I just heard, as the music started, "All the way from the UK.................I think he said Tina & Robert, but the music and cacophony of noise drowned him out. We kicked off our jive by me lifting her so that she did a handstand on my shoulders, I don't recall much of the next two minutes but the place just erupted as we walked off the floor. A shame we didn't have YouTube back then.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I just consider you the Boss, Robert. Or perhaps it's Ms. Tina who's the real Boss!

Fabulous hat Jack, curious about BRE a bit of research threw up this fabulous thread. https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vintage-stetson-boss-raw-edge.96858/ The things that I have learned on this forum.

View attachment 564521
Black hats can really have impact, they can also have the look of the undertaker. I tell you this though. If the undertakers wear shoes like mine at my funeral, I would be impressed!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
44 years and we dated 7 years before that. Junior high school sweethearts, so to speak.

Yes, I'm the boss when the wife tells me I can be.

I guess that you are married too Randy. You are right, I am the boss, when I asked Tina if that was so she said, "of course you are dear," so she must be right.

There's style and there's style and let me tell you Jack, your style takes the biscuit as we Brits say when we are seriously impressed.
Thank you Robert! To be totally honest neither pair are mine but the Ritch Rand Tom Horn was made for me in 1989. I have lusted for a pair of black & whites ever since I first saw the white & black Oldsmobile Rocket 88 boots. Just never pulled the trigger on a commission.
the place just erupted as we walked off the floor. A shame we didn't have YouTube back then.
Glad you enjoyed your trip! Too bad you couldn’t have gotten a tape recording from security somehow.

My best to your wife’s quick recovery from the flu.

Reactions: RBH

GHT

I'll Lock Up
44 years and we dated 7 years before that. Junior high school sweethearts, so to speak.

Yes, I'm the boss when the wife tells me I can be.
51 years as a couple, congratulations to you both. Tina has a stock reply when people express faux shock at the longevity of our relationship. "I know," she says, "I would have been let out after thirty years if I had killed him." Sometimes that remark invokes a kind of half smile like the person wonders if she's joking.......................or not!
My best to your wife’s quick recovery from the flu.
Thank you Jack, much appreciated. Given that this is the black hat brigade, although technically a Fascinator, this is Tina's contribution to black hats. I will try to remember to get a photo of her wearing it when she's up and about.
fascinator.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner