Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
That explains why this one was installed crooked: probably added by someone along the line.

I think it's an Italian Borsalino, judging by the markings:
5484ef87fe1e99f11324908513.jpeg

Randall:The Borso is a Italian Market Borsalino. The Marks are from Initials you put into the Sweatband. The Hutstütze comes from Germany. Aachen is a German City.

It's highly possible that it ended up in Germany although I have never seen one of these stitched to the hat. Also the initial pins (very common in Germany) where removed.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
It's highly possible that it ended up in Germany although I have never seen one of these stitched to the hat. Also the initial pins (very common in Germany) where removed.

Steve-The Hutstütze looks like stitched by owner of the Hat. It's not professional stitched.
If you make Holidays in Italy, you buy a Borsalino. Then at Home, maybe a German Owner.
he put the Hutstütze in the Hat. The felt is very light. He wants to protect the form of his hat.
He stitched it, so nothing can lost

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Here is a Taupe Alessandria I just received...

The ribbon had a stain on it and needed replaced, so off to Falcon Park Hattery for a clean, block and new ribbon.... I figured might as well clean and block while it was visiting the Hattery.

I think Parker did a great job on this one...

1j6uq8.jpg

hritya.jpg

qz2l1y.jpg

nf37s5.jpg

Steve-The Hutstütze looks like stitched by owner of the Hat. It's not professional stitched.
If you make Holidays in Italy, you buy a Borsalino. Then at Home, maybe a German Owner.
he put the Hutstütze in the Hat. The felt is very light. He wants to protect the form of his hat.
He stitched it, so nothing can lost

That makes sense to me. I can't see a hat store doing that hacked stitching job. :)

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
Is it ok to ask about Borsalino models like Verdi, Como II, Roberto,etc. here as this is what is mainly discussed (Borsalinos), or is the question and answer section the only place to ask questions?

RBH

Bartender
Yes the Q&A thread is for questions [or else the front page would be filled with question threads with only a few answers to them] and yes you can ask a Borsolino question in the Borsalino thread.
You can also do a search and be surprised at what you find.
Here is what I came up with in quick order.

GOOGLE

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?10766-Report-Card-on-the-new-Borsalino-Como-II&

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?34910-Borsalino-Como-IIs

I hope this helps, I did not find anything of use on the Verdi, maybe someone else can help with that.

Last edited:

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
Thanks, I did do a search for Verdi and Roberto, nothing found. I did see some Como comments but not the threads you linked.

Anyway a taupe Verdi and Robertos are ordered. The fellow at Bencraft recommended the Verdi, I'm curious to know the differences, the Verdi appears to have the shorter crown.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
We are two Borsalinos richer on this side of the Atlantic. Nice additions to your rapidly expanding Borsalino collection, Ale, and welcome back!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words about the hats and for welcoming me back, Alan, Al, Jeff, Randal, jbucklin and bond.This two hats are exceptionally well preserved and I'm very happy that I found them. I will post pictures of my family reunion as soon as I get my memory stick back. I left it inside grandma's new laptop and she has to mail it to me :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart