Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I will post pictures of my family reunion as soon as I get my memory stick back. I left it inside grandmas new laptop and she has to mail it to me :eusa_doh:

lol Or you can ask your Grandma post the pictures for you...seriously! What if your memory stick is lost in transit?! :eeek:

Better have it backed up.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
lol Or you can ask your Grandma post the pictures for you...seriously! What if your memory stick is lost in transit?! :eeek:

Better have it backed up.

It took 2 weeks for her to learn how to turn the thing on and log on to skype! lol I don't think she will be even willing to try to post them for me! lol not to mention I took over 1000 shots! She's good with the mail, though. Been getting birthday cards from her spot on the date since I can remember ;)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Two hats I bought in Italia (Roma)

"Rollable" Bismuto.

L.jpg

M.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

Another gray ;) Lupo

J.jpg

K.jpg

Bnuevo2.jpg

Great Borsalinos, Ale. Congrads for those beautys.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Savoy

My latest Borso Savoy...
9216c48c.jpg

f99907c6.jpg

c80cfd3d.jpg

69f732bf.jpg

2824fcbb.jpg

It looks like it says Malva Gorasco or Malva Gobasco - any help here?
7aa4d128.jpg

d80320f0.jpg

950a30a2.jpg

0c426e58.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Nice ones, Mike! specially the "rollable"!
I forgot to post my other "rollable" that I bought from Michaelshane before my trip to Italia; here:
Color Amiata and reeded. [huh]

G-1.jpg

H-1.jpg

I-1.jpg

Mike, those are a couple of great Borso scores. I love the development of BR Baker's logotypes over the years... they had some typographical style in O-hi-O.

Aureliano, Great finds! The Lubo is especially nice! Looking forward to your trip photos.

Rodkins, The Savoy is super! Really like the ribbon / felt color combo.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Aureliano, Great finds! The Lubo is especially nice! Looking forward to your trip photos.

Rodkins, The Savoy is super! Really like the ribbon / felt color combo.
Thanks, Steve. It's still pretty worn looking but I don't mind "character" on some of my hats.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My latest Borso Savoy...
c80cfd3d.jpg

Mike, that Savoy is an absolute knockout!!! Is that a 2 1/2 inch brim? The colors on my monitor look like sand colored felt with a milk chocolate ribbon. I have been looking for a hat with those exact colors for myself, but have yet to find one. Excellent find!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Mike, that Savoy is an absolute knockout!!! Is that a 2 1/2 inch brim? The colors on my monitor look like sand colored felt with a milk chocolate ribbon. I have been looking for a hat with those exact colors for myself, but have yet to find one. Excellent find!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Thanks! It's a 2 1/2 inch brim. The color was mauve (under the ribbon) but the hat is a tad darker now. I would call the ribbon chocolate.

Borso Boxes and dating

Comparison of two unworn boxed Borsos showing subtle differences.

1. earlier/ box has high sides with overfitting lid, larger "antica casa."

foldingborso1.jpg

foldingborso2.jpg

hat has older style manufacturing label

foldingborso11.jpg

2. later/ box marked 1954, lid and base are same size with internal paper flange - smaller "antica casa."

pocket1.jpg

pocket2.jpg

hat displays later style manufacturing label without Borsalino written on side.

pocket8.jpg

Do I remember an OPS Borso with this version of the label?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart