Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Newly re sized(was a 1/8 now is a 3/8) Borsalino in "Avorio"- with new stock sweatband by Joe at Henry Hatters.
I just realized that i put the ribbon on wrong seeing it now in the pic.-
IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4087-1.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Yes sir, this is one fine Borsalino!

Robert, how does the felt finish on this one compare to the late 40s Borsalini? In the pics, it looks more like Art's suede finish than like the slightly more recent Borsalino dress hats with their very short and dense finish.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
It is a full medium weight, not light weight. The finish is very even and smooth but not extensively pounced so that the fibers are still clearly visible. The felt fiber ends have not been lifted or loosened by a wire brush so it is not in the suede or velour finish category.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
It is a full medium weight, not light weight. The finish is very even and smooth but not extensively pounced so that the fibers are still clearly visible. The felt fiber ends have not been lifted or loosened by a wire brush so it is not in the suede or velour finish category.

Thanks for the info, Robert. The felt did look quite substantial in the auction pics with the deep bash.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Very nice Frank, could you give us more details about the hat. Vintage, modern, color, provenance?
Welcome to the Lounge and Brotherhood!

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Of course, I shouldn´t forget! It seems to be a bit difficult to find a vintage one in my size (7 3/8) here in Germany, although I have already searched Ebay for it. So this one is new and colour is light grey with a grey ribbon and dark blue satin inside. I bought it over Ebay from a german hat shop. Although it isn´t my first fedora I was quite reluctant to spend so much money on a hat. On the other hand it´s a Borsa and every man should have at least one of them! :D
Meanwhile this great forum has tought me a lot and I am even getting acustomed to the price range where a good hat is to be found. Not good for my wallet but I feel that I am hooked now... :eeek:

Cheers

Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart