Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
"This is not an original label."

I own several Borsalino hats with that label, they were used.

I've never seen that label before but that doesn't mean it was never used. Good to know, actually. Do you have an idea, Vic, as to around what time these labels were used?

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
So help me learn something here..... are we saying either a hat or clothing store bought Borsalino hats and put their own label in them ? Or what???

Also what is meant by "they were used" ???

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
They were used over a number of decades, at first it seems to make corrections at the factory to labels that were in error. This hat was labeled the wrong color.

I'm not sure why the label change on this on.
004kr.jpg

Here is one where a label is gone(you can see where it was affixed).
002sjl.jpg

003fgq.jpg

Here are a couple more of the same vintage as the last one(these two owned by the same guy), note the white paper size hang tags.
dunbarbosalinos004.jpg

002rgh.jpg

dunbarbosalinos002.jpg

001kdw.jpg

Two of the last three have an open side seam liners, also thiner widths on the sweatbands. Things you will not find on older Borsalino hats(vintage Borsalino hats had fitted liners).

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Thanks Rats, I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the box as to how perfect this hat was...

Someone took loving care of this beauty..

I will keep you in mind should it ever need a new home....

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino had US wholesalers/distributors--not direct sales. Tags could be by the wholesaler or for export by the factory(rather than production). Yes, date stamp is definitely USA with month first.

Definitely US specific because I haven't seen anything like this in German market Borsalinos. I wonder if they were modified / reconfigured post production?

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Thanks OG!

And though it is in excellent shape and I would normally try to keep such a lid nice... due to the colors and weight I just think it would be a perfect daily driver.

A darn good find!

Landman

One Too Many
I've been thinking about buying a new Borsalino Alessandria from Bencraft Hatters but they don't have good pictures of all the colors. What color would be the closest to Silverbelly? The Light Gray maybe? If someone could post a picture of a new one that would be great. Thanks for your help.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi guys,I am looking to trade a brown Borsalino 7 3/8 Alessandria vintage 50s ,mint, for lighter color of same vintage, if you have anything please pm.
Thanks

bond

Any suggestions on ribbon colors for this Borsaoino?
The color is a salmon grey color with a light off pink color silk ribbon now.
Inside and outside shots for reference.
IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg

bond

My friend keeps telling me sage grey green or something like that and i thought maybe something with grey. I dont know to be honest I think I just have to get used to the colors as they are. I like how it looks outside, but not so much indoors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou