Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
I thought it was about a 2 5/8 when I saw the shots in the other threads on you. Didn't think it was 2 3/4 tho...again = very nice.

Good eye, gtd. The Seller advertised the brim width at 2 1/2", but I asked her to re-measure, as it looked a tad wider than that to me. After re-measuring, she said that it was 2 5/8". In fact, the front of the brim is a full 2 5/8", and the back and sides are just a tad under 2 5/8" (which, I think, simply reflects the kind of minor variance that commonly exists in this regard). In answer to your original question about brim width, I guess I could just as easily have said "just under 2 5/8"...;)

My own preference is to have a brim width of 2 5/8" to 2 3/4" on this style lid.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I'm amazed at how you bay fishermen are able to hook these trophies. I must not be finding the good fishing holes. ;)

Finding the good fishing holes is one thing, casting out enough bait is another...;) :D

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid said:
...My own preference is to have a brim width of 2 5/8" to 2 3/4" on this style lid.
And that width suits you right down to the ground, Chief. I have a 2 1/2" but that extra 1/8" to a 2 5/8" seems to make a difference. I really like how 2 5/8" up to a 3" brim fits on my big mellon. 7 5/8 needs some brim to balance out! Dang good fishing in the Bay!

ezra

New in Town
Alessandria - A little difference

Hi. I'm a newby. I repair hats, clean and shape them. I get a fair amount of Borsos and others, and I must say, there is something about the Alessandria. The felt seems longer, like some kind of long hared hair, or Llama. I dunno. The black ones look a bit grey under certain lighting because of the long and thick felt. I'd also like to comment and thank the guy on the thread that I can't seem to find anymore for the idea of using hair color for restoration. It really works with a little practice.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
ezra said:
Hi. I'm a newby. I repair hats, clean and shape them. I get a fair amount of Borsos and others, and I must say, there is something about the Alessandria. The felt seems longer, like some kind of long hared hair, or Llama. I dunno. The black ones look a bit grey under certain lighting because of the long and thick felt. I'd also like to comment and thank the guy on the thread that I can't seem to find anymore for the idea of using hair color for restoration. It really works with a little practice.

You're quite welcome. I just wish it came in more colors. A few blues and greens would be nice. :D

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=22831

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
2 More....

You've seen these in the "Garrett" thread, but I thought I'd post them here also..... [huh]

Navy Blue Borso.....

GarretsLids001.jpg
GarretsLids002.jpg

GarretsLids028.jpg
GarretsLids027.jpg

Olive Borso.....

GarretsLids011.jpg
GarretsLids012.jpg

GarretsLids013.jpg
GarretsLids014.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Tampahound said:
This hat is VERY soft and the stitching up front on the sweatband is separating, but I still love it!

Are you sure that the sweat is separating at the front -- or is it just that famous Borsalino "corrugation" (for want of a better term)? [See discussion on previous page of this thread]. Here's an example:

Liner-19.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Brotherhood Bid for Admittance

I have pictures of 2 of my soon to be 4 Borsalini
3342265640_2afac691d1_b.jpg

3342265892_1bce49d69e_b.jpg

3341431371_410fa4d2b2_b.jpg

Tan/Camel of 1940's? 2-1/2" brim tall crown.

3341430161_95f00ce756_b.jpg

3341429869_6a0c1b6294_b.jpg

3342265184_470f593cd1_b.jpg

Med. Brown Hairy Hare "Silchi" Hat 2-1/2" brim 1970's?

Dk Green w/brown ribbon Como from 1994 is at Optimo
Bulgarian Trionfo Black Lord's Hat is in the mail.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
WOW. The ribbon on that first one is gorgeous, and the edge stitching on the second is about the oddest I've seen. Great stuff. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Vecchio Borsalino Nero

This is the only Borsalino Logo I've seen without the 1900 Prize could this be that old?
3349284801_0ed13089a0_o.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Vecchio Borsalino Nero

carter said:
rlk, Does that Nero have a liner? If so, please post a picture.
3350194221_e602eb5ffb_o.jpg

It doesn't look like it in the photo. I just won the auction today so I won't have it in hand for awhile. I did all the communications in Italian(I don't speak Italian-just assorted words and bits of other languages and use dictionary and phrasebook) I was an Art History Major at one time so I have some vocabulary. I'm better with food for Italian and French than Hats. I'm anxious to see what it looks like. Between Camera Equipment and Hats I've gotten ebay items from almost all the European Countries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR