Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

I did a quick look through the store. They are quality hats but not in the form you are looking for. They are mostly later but there are some from the 1970s maybe late 1960s. If you link to the hats you are interested in we can comment.

Ken David

One of the Regulars
I did a quick look through the store. They are quality hats but not in the form you are looking for. They are mostly later but there are some from the 1970s maybe late 1960s. If you link to the hats you are interested in we can comment.
Thanks for taking a look. I spent some more time looking at all the hats offered and what has sold. My target is hat from the 50s (match form I am looking for). I contacted the owner but it looks like they offer hats from the 60s to 80s mostly. I never did understand why these small hat shops retained so large an inventory in the order of 1000+ hats. I would expect a retailer to clearance out older styles/inventory as newer hats arrived so not to tie up so much $ etc.

Ken David

One of the Regulars
Thanks for taking a look. I spent some more time looking at all the hats offered and what has sold. My target is hat from the 50s (match form I am looking for). I contacted the owner but it looks like they offer hats from the 60s to 80s mostly. I never did understand why these small hat shops retained so large an inventory in the order of 1000+ hats. I would expect a retailer to clearance out older styles/inventory as newer hats arrived so not to tie up so much $ etc.

I have been talking with the shop owners (really nice people with a neat history - was Grandfather's shop). Looks like unfortunately the largest brim is ~2" (borderline of being stingy); unfortunately now what I am looking for. The crown heights are measured from brim to brim across the crown (how Borsalino defines their measurements in a catalog) which I guess are probably in the 4" range or so. There seems to be some decent off brands but not too sure if they are worth getting due to shipping costs from Europe.

Eventually they are written off. The hats are usually kept in storage and sold if possible. I have sold some old stock for a friend who owns a shop in Germany.

As I mentioned the hat forms are not what you are looking for. It's really difficult to find 1950s and older NOS Hats.

Ken David

One of the Regulars
I was wondering if anybody had some basic info on an Alessandria "II" this is a thin ribbon hat. Not sure how old it is 60s or later? Is the "imperiale" the felt grade? Thanks.

willyto

One Too Many
I am now a member of the Borsalino Brotherhood. I went to exchange a cap that I received as a christmas gift and bought a hat brush and then saw this Borsalino, I tried it on and also different hats but I really liked this one and how it looked on me. This was the last one and in my size(US 1/4 UK 1/8 and EU 58)...you don't need any more signals so had to buy it.

I'll try to get daylight and better pictures but for now this is a tease. The only thing I dislike is the brand in the band, any idea on how to remove it?

Wz0yZhv.jpg

Normally I would opt for a vintage hat but hats are tricky and it's better to see the fit in person. Fortunately we still have two hat stores in Barcelona that were founded back in the early 1910s.

It is an Alessandria I guess from 2016

Tonio

A-List Customer
I am now a member of the Borsalino Brotherhood. I went to exchange a cap that I received as a christmas gift and bought a hat brush and then saw this Borsalino, I tried it on and also different hats but I really liked this one and how it looked on me. This was the last one and in my size(US 1/4 UK 1/8 and EU 58)...you don't need any more signals so had to buy it.

I'll try to get daylight and better pictures but for now this is a tease. The only thing I dislike is the brand in the band, any idea on how to remove it?

Wz0yZhv.jpg

Normally I would opt for a vintage hat but hats are tricky and it's better to see the fit in person. Fortunately we still have two hat stores in Barcelona that were founded back in the early 1910s.

Nice hat! The Borsalino imprint on the ribbon is seen as tacky by some. I'd imagine you could have a hatter replace the ribbon if you wanted. 1910 is a long time for a hat store...perhaps they offer additional services such as ribbon replacement.

RJR

Wz0yZhv.jpg

Good looking;I agree that replacement is the only way to lose the imprint.I just decided to ignore it on a couple of mine.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
I was wondering if anybody had some basic info on an Alessandria "II" this is a thin ribbon hat. Not sure how old it is 60s or later? Is the "imperiale" the felt grade? Thanks.
Ken,

My understanding is that this hat will be post 1986 (the liner and the lack of "Original House" on the sweat logo). It looks 90's or later. I'm sure there are others with a better knowledge of time period.

hatguysz

New in Town
Translated-
Affaire Borsalino, in Training reopen the competition for a savior
Today, the historic brand board of directors should give the green light to the new procedure agreed, after that in December the Alexandria court had revoked the previous year. He had seen Philippe Camperio manage the brand, bringing it in good and growing sales at 15 million. Francesco Colamartino

Andrea Guolo (Monaco)
Affaire Borsalino, in Training reopen the competition for a savior
As in a great game of monopoly, the historical company of men Borsalino hats back to square one. Today the board of directors of the group should, in fact, give the green light to the new procedure agreed with the new rules, after that in December the Alexandria court revoked the previous year. Which means reopening a competition to find a new lender. Until now, the role was played by the entrepreneur Italo-Swiss Philippe Camperio, who had rented the farm waiting to be able to take ownership. And with noteworthy results. Borsalino has, in fact, closed 2015 with a growth in turnover 13.5000000 to 15,000,000 and a return to profit after years, while the performance of the year just past were even better, around + 20%. And with peaks of + 35% in the segment of Panama hats, back in fashion among young people and that the Swiss-Italian businessman has begun to produce directly from Borsalino with your machine. Camperio has made available 15 million of failure, as well as settle a debt of 8 million with the tax authorities and finance new machinery and six assumptions. In light of these numbers in many wonder why the judge Caterina Santinello Padua, president of the civil division of the Alexandria court, has decided to revoke the previous arrangement procedure, one that would see Camperio take ownership of Borsalino. The answer would be to track down in a series of infringements observed by the Court Commissioners and PwC, the company in charge of the audit. Among other things, would emerge an underestimation of the warehouse and, above all, suspicion turns of capital until 2012-2013 with the bankrupt company Asti Marco Marenco, who controlled the Borsalino before the crash. The affair came to shake even the halls of Parliament, so that on January 16 MPs Ernesto Carbone and Sergio Boccadutri presented the House of Representatives question for written answer House on Borsalino, with the whole guide to what happened until today. A reply will be the Ministry of Economic Development. Even the president of Confindustria, Vincenzo Boccia, is back several times on the subject, recalling that: "There is a foreign investor who wants to take over in order to safeguard jobs and use an Italian brand that has made a piece of history of our country luxury ». Behind the Odyssey hats that crowned Alain Delon and Humphrey Bogart is the crash by 3.5 billion euro of the entrepreneur's company Asti Marco Marenco, the largest in Italy after that of Parmalat. The businessman was the owner of eighty companies active in the electricity and gas market production, but is now under fire for a series of crimes, ranging from bankruptcy fraud to tax evasion scam. Now the whole city of Alexandria and all lovers of the men's fashion that made history are holding their breath, waiting to see who will corner a real treasure what is Borsalino. But it is very likely that you will give to Camperio not won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner