Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
It's a wonderful hat, and I understand your thoughts on restoring. I would probably change the sweat, though. It doesn't seem to have much more "life" left, so I would change it (and save the original for historic reasons), which in my view would increase it's wearability. Just my two cents :)

Your two cents are well spent :)
My idea is to change the sweat band, considering that the felt is in excellent condition
The green Petronius Borsalino will have new life!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Nice! is there a way I can place a large order? Or I have to wait for this thing to settle?
I'm not the right person to answer your question.
Use your direct contacts in Borsalino.
You are a retailer and certainly have the ability to deal with the sales department in Alessandria.

Ill be at the next Pitti show for the shoes :)

Before going to the Pitti take a ride in the shoe stores in Rome, Milan, Naples, Florence is more interesting.
You will see the variety of the offer and the taste and arrive at Pitti with a better idea.
The shoes selection is huge in Italy;)

I picked this up last week antiquing. A bit too small for me, so I've put it up for sale. However, interesting and unusual, at least to me. It has a Homburg-type shape, but is very soft, even the brim, which is a little "floppy." By that, I mean the brim doesn't have the rigid stiffness of my other Homburgs. I think it would even flap in the wind, but it holds it's curl. ~5 1/4" open crown, 2" brim. Deep Blue (color "Mirtillo"). Any help as to dating on this one? 1970s?

Picture2.jpg
Picture3.jpg
Picture1.png

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I picked this up last week antiquing. A bit too small for me, so I've put it up for sale. However, interesting and unusual, at least to me. It has a Homburg-type shape, but is very soft, even the brim, which is a little "floppy." By that, I mean the brim doesn't have the rigid stiffness of my other Homburgs. I think it would even flap in the wind, but it holds it's curl. ~5 1/4" open crown, 2" brim. Deep Blue (color "Mirtillo"). Any help as to dating on this one? 1970s?

picture2-jpg.65062

Fruno I begin by saying that "Mirtillo" is one of my favorite colors of Borsalino.
It is a homburg hat without the complete ribbon on the brim, only the high side are bounded ,
The felt is soft and it is rare hat to find in this form and I'm sorry it is small to be worn.
It comes straight from the 70s, perhaps the end of them.
Good luck with the sale!
Too bad, it was my size I would have bought it right away!

Fruno I begin by saying that "Mirtillo" is one of my favorite colors of Borsalino.
It is a homburg hat without the complete ribbon on the brim, only the high side are bounded ,
The felt is soft and it is rare hat to find in this form and I'm sorry it is small to be worn.
It comes straight from the 70s, perhaps the end of them.
Good luck with the sale!
Too bad, it was my size I would have bought it right away!

Thank you, Daniele. What is your size, By the way?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Fruno, usually my size is 6 1/2 (7 1/2 US) and sometimes 6 (7 3/8 US) for Borsalino and Italian hats (60 and 59 cm.)
It depends from the shape of the hats, but 95% they fit
EU and USA hats mostly 7 3/8 or 59 cm.
In 5% of desperate cases is a Borsalino, in blue, very nice, size 6 (7 3/8), I bought recently, and that is absolutely small for my head. While the Borsalino in green I posted in the beginning of the week is also a 6, but it fits very well.
I will post here some pictures and details as soon snow will leave my photographic set :rolleyes:
I'm always ready for swap :)

Fruno, usually my size is 6 1/2 (7 1/2 US) and sometimes 6 (7 3/8 US) for Borsalino and Italian hats (60 and 59 cm.)
It depends from the shape of the hats, but 95% they fit
EU and USA hats mostly 7 3/8 or 59 cm.
In 5% of desperate cases is a Borsalino, in blue, very nice, size 6 (7 3/8), I bought recently, and that is absolutely small for my head. While the Borsalino in green I posted in the beginning of the week is also a 6, but it fits very well.
I will post here some pictures and details as soon snow will leave my photographic set :rolleyes:
I'm always ready for swap :)

Cool. I'll keep an eye out. You and the other larger size Loungers are always on my mind when I'm out trolling for things to sell or trade.

Wish I could find something for everybody!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Fedoran

New in Town
Hi Guys my first post :)
I've been trolling here for a while still havent got the courage to post my Borsalino, it needs a lot of help, I talked with scott from finevintagefedoras he will try to make presentable. then I will post it. According to him it's circa 1940-1950 from venice and its valour.:D
The reason for my post is I found this on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/252647252540?ul_noapp=true) and well I'm confused :confused: how can this guy claim
"EXTRA EXTRA SUPERIOR QUALITY 100% HAND MADE IN ITALY" but the pictures show this? can someone enlighten me?
IMG_2015_zpspwt5vicv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 104

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Hi Guys my first post :)
I've been trolling here for a while still havent got the courage to post my Borsalino, it needs a lot of help, I talked with scott from finevintagefedoras he will try to make presentable. then I will post it. According to him it's circa 1940-1950 from venice and its valour.:D
The reason for my post is I found this on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/252647252540?ul_noapp=true) and well I'm confused :confused: how can this guy claim
"EXTRA EXTRA SUPERIOR QUALITY 100% HAND MADE IN ITALY" but the pictures show this? can someone enlighten me?
IMG_2015_zpspwt5vicv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Alan give you the right answer:rolleyes:
I, however, spend a few words on this Italian seller.
It has passed in its eBay showcase beautiful Borsalino and some Panizza in small and medium size.
The asking prices on auction are high, but there is always the possibility to make an offer that is generally accepted.
Even now for small sizes there are the Borsalino jewelry that are difficult to find on the market and they are NOS
Open your eyes men and women of medium and small size looking for Borsalino the wheel of fortune rarely passes;)
It is a fact that I have no interest with the seller

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ