Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

High Pockets

Practically Family
Thank you gentlemen,.....I'm honored.

And thanks for giving me the opportunity to be the one to keep that old Borso alive and kicking, Douglas. It's a beautiful hat.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Black Borsalino Leo...FABRIZI ROMA

Velour finish, basting stitch on top of ribbon, oil silk, pleated liner, 1 7/8" sweat, Driasti on the label.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Great liner on that Leo and I really like the heathered felts. Two unusual old beauties.

:arated: I'm with rlk all the way on this one -- great lids! I really love the shape of the Leo, as well. Great look. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

billysmom

One Too Many
Wrong size - for me!

I bought this Borsalino on eBay assuming that it was an American size 7. I was the only bidder, so the price was extremely reasonable for a hat that looks unworn. Turns out it was a Punti size 7! Luckily, it fits my husband nicely. Perhaps I can use this to convince him that vintage hats are something we can share?

Borsolglight.jpg

Borsolg.jpg

IMG00297-20090903-1815.jpg

IMG00298-20090903-1815.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
billysmom said:
I bought this Borsalino on eBay assuming that it was an American size 7. I was the only bidder, so the price was extremely reasonable for a hat that looks unworn. Turns out it was a Punti size 7! Luckily, it fits my husband nicely. Perhaps I can use this to convince him that vintage hats are something we can share?

IMG00298-20090903-1815.jpg

I really like it when a potential Borso-buy has an Italian hatter's stamp on the sweatband - takes away some of the post-purchase cognitive dissonance. Last week I BIN'd a grey Borso Homburg (my 1st Homburg) with a 'Napoli' stamp - can't wait to see it. It had the 5 1/2 punti tag, which is why it probably hung around as long as it did.

billysmom

One Too Many
Napoli

ScottF -

Was it from this shop?

TB4.jpg

The one I received was unbelievably soft yet substantial. Wonderful hat! If yours is half as nice it should become one of your favorites.

Sue

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
billysmom said:
ScottF -

Was it from this shop?

TB4.jpg

The one I received was unbelievably soft yet substantial. Wonderful hat! If yours is half as nice it should become one of your favorites.

Sue

How strange - yes, but a different stamp design!

billysmom

One Too Many
Green

Here's my recently-acquired green Borsalino. Looks familiar - undoubtedly listed on eBay by one of the FL bretheren ....

GreenBorsahat.jpg

IMG00310-20090905-0948.jpg

IMG00311-20090905-0948.jpg

IMG00312-20090905-0949.jpg

greenborsa.jpg

Extremely soft, light, pliable felt. It will be a joy to wear this fall!

Sue

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
Here's my recently-acquired green Borsalino. Looks familiar - undoubtedly listed on eBay by one of the FL bretheren ....

Extremely soft, light, pliable felt. It will be a joy to wear this fall!
Sue

I love the hat Sue! In fact, I just (and I mean JUST) got a Resistol that looks like yours except for the color (off white). It is so dirty though that I will have to clean it before I dare posting pics of it. Stay tunned! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL