Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I pop the hat to an open crown and use a spray bottle to lightly wet the felt. Then, at the steamer (and putting the hat very close to the spout to get the hottest steam) I work to soften the creases, spraying more water as needed. Brushing here and there. It's all about time and patitence. Once the creases are done, add a bit more water and shape the hat the way you want.;)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
This morning:

BorsalinoUranio1.jpg

BorsalinoUranio.jpg

Now that's a great hat to wake up to in the morning, my friend! And it really creased itself while you were sleeping? Wow... :D

Seriously, though: a truly wonderful hat! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

In the photo it looks as if the ribbon is not black but a dark gray. Is that right? That would make it one of the color combos I'm out for at the moment... ;)

Anyway: enjoy your fabolous new lid! :eusa_clap :D

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Now that's is a great hat to wake up to in the morning, my friend! And it really creased itself while you were sleeping? Wow... :D

In the photo it looks as if the ribbon is not black but a dark gray. Is that right? That would make it one of the color combos I'm out for at the moment... ;)

:D ! The ribbon is indeed a dark grey!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
That's a great looking hat, Aureliano. You did a helluva rehab job! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mario, Jimmy: thanks very much!
I tried a teardrop first but this hat just seemed to want the deep center crease. I like it!

billysmom

One Too Many
Aureliano said:
My new and first-ever cavanagh edge (bordo doppio) hat. Won it on Ebay last week and I picked it up last night after work. Although it was packed very well inside and with "fragile/handle with care" stickers all over the box, it looked as if the oblivious fedex guy loaded a ton of boxes on top of it. Check out the pictures.
I'd like to get an idea of the age of this hat, so any hints are greatly appreciated. The color under the sweat reads "uranio" (a very deep charcoal grey) so I decided to name the hat like that:

Right out of the box (bad lighting as it was late at night when I shoot)

DSC04466.jpg

DSC04470.jpg

The inside:

BorsalinoUranio3.jpg

Uranio1.jpg

Uranio.jpg

After some time with the steamer and brush; open crown, hideous feather gone and wind trolley repaired:

BorsalinoUranio2.jpg

This morning:

BorsalinoUranio1.jpg

BorsalinoUranio.jpg

Very nice, Aureliano! You're going to get a lot of wear out of that one!

Sue

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice, A! I'm curious, how does that hat fit you? I have a few Borso's and I have found that even though they are my size, they're almost always a bit too snug. I've thought of sizing up a notch to accommodate.

I wish I could find that color combo yesterday, but sooner or later it'll turn up.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Very nice, A! I'm curious, how does that hat fit you? I have a few Borso's and I have found that even though they are my size, they're almost always a bit too snug. I've thought of sizing up a notch to accommodate.

I wish I could find that color combo yesterday, but sooner or later it'll turn up.

I totally agree with you, Bob: all my vintage borsalinos fit a tad snug except for this one! it fits me as if it were custom made. It is one of my most comfortable to wear hats. I've sized the others with a bit of steam and the hat jack and so far they have retained their new size:D

You'll find one, I'm sure. It took me a few months and a crazy max bid (though thankfully it didn't go that high) to get this one! :eek: lol

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Well, fellow Borsalino brothers, I have some existing news for you. I managed to get some screentime for my own Borsalino. :eek:

I was an extra in "Leap Year" a movie coming out soon with Amy Adams and Adam Scott. And I wore this hat:

SSL11331.jpg

I saw the scene in the movie and you can clearly see a man with a hat i.e. a Fedora Lounger with a Borsalino (=me) in the background of the marriage proposal scene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy