The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Dakota Ellison, Jan 25, 2004.

1. I hear tell they are down right terrified!!!!! :eek: :D

2. jimmy the lid

jimmy the lid I'll Lock Up

The Borsalino "Misto" just arrived this week. "Misto" means "mixture" in Italian -- and, I imagine, is descriptive of the nature of the felt, which is a heather mix. Beautiful texture and feel. While this hat was certainly worn, it easily popped back into an open crown, and is in great shape. Open crown height is 5 5/8" and the brim width is 2 5/8". The felt is a medium thickness, with a Cav Edge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    JtL

3. rlk

rlk I'll Lock Up

Beautiful felt and proportions! Worthy of The JtL Collection.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

4. billysmom

billysmom One Too Many

:arated:!!!

Sue

5. ScottF

ScottF Call Me a Cab

That really is a beauty!

6. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Totally agree! :eusa_clap I really like the heather felt look and this a prime example! :eusa_clap

7. jimmy the lid

jimmy the lid I'll Lock Up

Many thanks, folks!

I love the "M. Polo" on the sticker -- anyone ever seen that before?

Cheers,
    JtL

8. St.Ignatz

St.Ignatz Call Me a Cab

Jimmy, It looks a bit like a whole pale nutmeg when cross cut. Just a soft mellow comfortable looking hat that drops the decibel level in a room like Mother Teresa walking in on a pole dancers convention.;) You know a sign of respect.
    Lets just leave it at "nice hat".
    Tom D.

9. billysmom

billysmom One Too Many

Stingy beater Borsalino

Cute little Borsalino stingy from the 'Bay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The original vendor's stamp is worn off the sweat. Well-loved and has that characteristic wonderful felt.

Sue

10. St.Ignatz

St.Ignatz Call Me a Cab

Killer Sue!

11. Bill Greene

Bill Greene One of the Regulars

[​IMG]

For my second post, I respectfully request admission to the Brotherhood with the obligatory photo of my newly acquired Borsalino Alessandria. (I don't have to, like, buy everybody a beer, right?) ;)

It's not as fancy as most on here, but I really love it so far.

12. carouselvic

carouselvic I'll Lock Up

Was that a recent BIN off ebay?

13. billysmom

billysmom One Too Many

You did really well and it looks great on you! That's very similar to my favorite Alessandria!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

14. Bill Greene

Not a BIN, but I did win it at auction on eBay. And thank you Billy's Mom for saying I look good in it...bit of an inferiority complex going on at this moment as my friends say "What's up with the hat? You look stupid." lol

15. carouselvic

carouselvic I'll Lock Up

I'd look for friends with better taste.;)

16. Jealousy brings out the worst in people, even your friends! You should consider it a SUPERIORITY complex because you are above it all enough to wear such a nice hat! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

17. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto One of the Regulars

So far I've been wearing my (new, modern) Alessandria for a week. I think the count is something like six complements, three or four "what's up with the hat?" questions and one group of people I walked past on the sidewalk who were snickering at something and I had the impression it was the hat. So on balance it's a hit!

At the risk of overgeneralizing (perhaps this is just a Southern thing) but I'd say the biggest hat-noticers are African-American women. Not only have the majority of complements I've received come from them but with my previous hat (navy blue Christy's Marlborough) I was Christmas shopping and we encountered an older lady, dressed very nicely, waiting for her daughter to sort through some racks of clothing. The lady seemed a little uncomfortable or impatient standing there but when I walked up I saw her eyes go straight to the hat and then she smiled and very nicely said "How do you do". By the way, her Christmas-shopping outfit included a very stylish red, low-crowned, wide brimmed ladies hat so obviously she was an old-school dresser.

So Bill, maybe I'm saying you just need to hang around with a better class of individuals...

18. Bill Greene

Point well made! But these are old friends. Friends who have known me forever. You know the type. The kind that would help you hide a body. But fashion conscious they aren't.

So I'll endure it for a little while, and one day when I don't wear it one of them will say, "Dude, where's the hat? Surely I don't have to stare at that bald spot all day."

19. texashatman

texashatman Familiar Face

You get used to the comments and it really boils down to what YOU like. I heard it a lot at work when I started showing up every day in a hat. Now about 8 months later everybody comments if I wear the same one too many days in a row. I even had one kid say "Where's the Stetson? Men listen to a man in a Stetson" so apparently he had researched it some himself to know that slogan.

20. Karyl

Karyl New in Town

@jimmy the lid:

the "Misto" of yours is awesome. the colour and everything - it's a splendid view.