Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you , a stylish girlfriend suggested the color,and yes I think it looks pretty good, the ribbon detail is very good quality work too.

I've got a tall-crown dark gray hat similar to that one from a hatter whose name is verbotten here. Great hat. It takes extra style to carry off a high crown like that one, it seems to me. At least most of my other hats have a lower crown. But, that crown size is similar to my Open Road Stetsons, and so wearing those, I get used to the look. It is certainly more distinctive and commanding. May you wear it out there on the street often.

bond

Yeah I agree the crown is tall on this model,Its definitely for a larger person, I was thinking of putting a bash in it but thought better not,
dark hats just dont work so well for myself.

bond

Just a note to the Borsalino Brotherhood, I will be putting up at least {6} borsos for sale this wk. From Stingy brim straws to some felts.
Thanks

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
borsalino001.jpg

borsalino002.jpg

borsalino003.jpg

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
New Borsalino Allesandria from Bencraft. While it's advertised as an open crown, it actually came creased with a shallow center dent and a relatively small front pinch. No matter, a few squirts from the spray bottle and you see the results below. Navy blue, I like it.

One question, what's the difference between the Bencraft Allesandria at $230 with the Allesandrias at other stores for $300 or more?

Tom

borsalino.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Tom, I have no idea why the Bencraft hat is less expensive, but have to say that you have a very nice looking Borsalino there!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Bencraft is known for selling Borsalinos at a reasonable price. They are, I think, the biggest distributor of the brand in NYC.

New Borsalino Allesandria from Bencraft. While it's advertised as an open crown, it actually came creased with a shallow center dent and a relatively small front pinch. No matter, a few squirts from the spray bottle and you see the results below. Navy blue, I like it.

One question, what's the difference between the Bencraft Allesandria at $230 with the Allesandrias at other stores for $300 or more?

Tom

borsalino.jpg

Very sharp and for a decent price, I think.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
This velour is thick and zesty - somewhat more rugged in style and a little less refined and more casual than the elegant 5X Marque Grand Luxe.
colombo1.jpg

Amazing! Alan I have the exact same stretcher which I bought in Australia. What date would anyone give it?

Last edited:

HeyMoe

Practically Family
I picked up my first Borsalino today for $40.00. It caught my eye as it has the same color ribbon as my Stetson Medalist Eagle. Hat is black, open crown with a 2 3/8 brim with what appears to be a cav edge, ribbon is 2"

Any thoughts on age?

Oh, do I qualify for the brotherhood?

DSCF1643.jpg

Ink appears to be from a fountain pen
DSCF1647.jpg

Next to the stetson:
DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1644.jpg

DSCF1653.jpg

DSCF1646.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads