Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

D00R

One of the Regulars
My Borsalino Alessandria felt fedora in black with a 2 3/4″ brim, I like a tall crown that can be worked with and the light felt for comfort. I always get drawn back to this style fedora most. It’s a size 58, I size up on these because they run so tight. 58 has the perfect level of comfort all day.

Dry bash
IMG_5016.jpeg

Steam kettle bash

D1B47336-D5FD-453E-9464-F592D7923FCC.jpeg

DonR

One of the Regulars
Wow, you are packing in some great hats these days, Don. I have a bowler with your name on it when you are ready to take the plunge!

Thanks Randy. I was eyeing your Mayser you have on the bay. I have a Stetson Select that I've worn once, and I'm not sure yet I'd they are for me or now.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Gulaita homburg in Amiata colour. Nutria felt in a size 57 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. The felt on this one is magnificent and aside from a light scuff on the binding it's in superb condition. Weighs 119 grams.

borsalino gulaita nutra_01.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_02.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_03.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_04.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_06.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_07.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_08.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_09.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_11.jpg

borsalino gulaita nutra_13.jpg
Borsalino Nutria is a treat!!
So soft and luxurious compared to many (Stetson) American Nutria examples. Whole different world.
Love it!!
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My Borsalino Alessandria felt fedora in black with a 2 3/4″ brim, I like a tall crown that can be worked with and the light felt for comfort. I always get drawn back to this style fedora most. It’s a size 58, I size up on these because they run so tight. 58 has the perfect level of comfort all day.

Dry bash
View attachment 587674

Steam kettle bash

View attachment 587675
Good look!
You wear the hat well.
B

Borsalino Celesca in a grey called Lupo (wolf). Size 58 with the raw edge brim at 7cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. The pictures don't capture the colour exactly (they were shot directly as jpg). I may have to try again. Lovely hand to the very soft felt. All the Borsalino quality is there. Too bad it isn't my size. Sold by Sools of Paris.

borsalino lupo celesca_2.jpg
borsalino lupo celesca_6.jpg

borsalino lupo celesca_1.jpg
borsalino lupo celesca_3.jpg
borsalino lupo celesca_4.jpg
borsalino lupo celesca_5.jpg

borsalino lupo celesca_07.JPG

borsalino lupo celesca_08.JPG

borsalino lupo celesca_09.JPG

borsalino lupo celesca_11.JPG

borsalino lupo celesca_12.JPG

Edit: corrected images added.

Last edited:

Mighty44

One Too Many
After months of looking for a silver belly brosalino, I found this beauty. Not quite silver but still good looking nonetheless. Can someone date this hat for me? Thanks
Definitely not silver belly but (in my opinion) a much cooler and rarer color combo. Congrats, the Alessandrias are great hats. I had to add some stiffener to the brims of a couple of my borsas to keep them from getting wonky, but some of my favorites…

After months of looking for a silver belly brosalino, I found this beauty. Not quite silver but still good looking nonetheless. Can someone date this hat for me? Thanks
Nice catch. The model name can (just) be read below right and is Ta Ludora. The colour name is damaged, but since it starts with a G I'll hazard a guess and say it's likely Gris Fumo (smoke grey). The other possibilities are Gris Fer, which was darker and Gris Chiaro, which would probably show letters beyond the damaged area. It was made between 1954 and 1960.

Nice catch. The model name can (just) be read below right and is Ta Ludora. The colour name is damaged, but since it starts with a G I'll hazard a guess and say it's likely Gris Fumo (smoke grey). The other possibilities are Gris Fer, which was darker and Gris Chiaro, which would probably show letters beyond the damaged area. It was made between 1954 and 1960.
You are amazing, Stefan.

DonEf

New in Town
Stefan, thank you very much for your wisdom, that’s also some good eyes on ya. Looks like there is some grime on the hat, would you recommend taking a fine grit sand block to it?

You are amazing, Stefan.
You're too kind gentlemen, but I'll take it!

Stefan, thank you very much for your wisdom, that’s also some good eyes on ya. Looks like there is some grime on the hat, would you recommend taking a fine grit sand block to it?
I wouldn't start with that. Best is to start with a sponge, wet or dry and see if the grime comes off. A soft eraser can work miracles as well. As the felt on these is usually quite thin there is a risk using a sand block or sandpaper on it. I would only do that if nothing else works.

mojoboy31

New in Town
Got a Borsalino Bogart Cut 1. I'm stunned just how different it is from my Stetson Temples, how clay-like and easy to shape it is. I got a 60cm/ a 7 1/2 like my Stetsons and Baileys. But it feels a size smaller. Sits much higher on my head, and the crown is taller than my other hats also, so it's a very different experience, but I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner