Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
I bought another vintage Shudde, this time a sage gray. Where can I get a thin sage gray hat ribbon/band/trim? I like the one on my tan hat... it's a hollow 1/4" trim with a center stitch that makes it look like 2 1/8" ribbons side by side. I haven't been able to find anything like it so far in my searches...
IMG_20150312_143118_187.jpg
IMG_20150312_144029_799.jpg
IMG_20150312_144038_546.jpg
WIN_20150312_202046.JPG

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
Where can I get a thin sage gray hat ribbon/band/trim? I like the one on my tan hat... it's a hollow 1/4" trim with a center stitch that makes it look like 2 1/8" ribbons side by side. I haven't been able to find anything like it so far in my searches...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Blue; Cheers. Love the contrast thin ribbon.

Here is a pic of a VS Stratoliner clone I have with a contrasting charcoal ribbon. This hat gets a lot of wear time.

i-gLPTDvB-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
Nice looking hats! My ribbon treatment is certainly not as fancy as those. No bow at all. But yeah, the contrasting colors look pretty good. I also have some stretch grosgrain in brown and in cream. The cream would not look good on this hat, but I may try it with the brown. The stretch grosgrain is nice because it fits snug, and you can easily swap it out with another hatband.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I forgot about this thread. Here's my recent project from last week. I pulled the trigger on another hat block and a brim flange. I reblocked the crown and reflanged the brim on this Bradford OR clone last week....I also posted these same pictures in the WHAYWT thread...

Bradford_OR_B.jpg

Bradford_OR_C.jpg

bradford_and_buffy.jpg

Last edited:

triple-d

A-List Customer
T...............I believe you have become a Hatter!!:eeek:........you do great work!!!! I'm thinking your partner needs a custom "T-lid"........:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot