Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

Fine. Here's one of my collection's best. A 3X Stetson Open Road size 7-7/8, kept in its original box. This is only the third time I have put a crease in it, and I did it for you, Harv!

IMG_7398.jpg IMG_7411.jpg IMG_7413.jpg IMG_7414.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Awesome 3X, Charlie. Very clean hat.

Here's a Resistol Stagecoach that I reblocked. The hat had never been worn when I bought it. The crown was pretty tapered up and it originally had a cheesy woven hat band. I reblocked the crown to take most of the taper out and then I gave it a Center Dent crease. I replaced the original hat band with a thin ribbon and went with a Campaign style bow. The stitching is hidden on the bow work.

Stagecoach_R_04.jpg

Stagecoach_R_11.jpg

Stagecoach_R_09.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I forgot about this thread. Here's my recent project from last week. I pulled the trigger on another hat block and a brim flange. I reblocked the crown and reflanged the brim on this Bradford OR clone last week....I also posted these same pictures in the WHAYWT thread...

Bradford_OR_B.jpg

bradford_and_buffy.jpg

Hardly any hat can beat a silverbelly thin ribbon, whether it be the Open Road, the Stratoliner, or a clone of either one. Good work!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, Perry, Benzadmiral, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Fabio, that looks to be a mid-ribbon. Very versatile ribbon width that can be worn with both casual and dressier attire.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
The sky blue Strat...I think he was wonderfully lucky to not have to arm wrestle for that one, what real beauty! Maybe even more so as some times sellers cannot get a decent clear picture on a listing. That hat looks very clean and no issues. Have to wonder how the size and measurements are? :)whoo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21