Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_3579.jpg

bee "custom" (huge dimensions- 3" brim, 6" crown)
IMG_3583.jpg

strat (oddly, my least favorite of the bunch)
IMG_3519.jpg

worth walden (best felt of the group)
boegels6.jpg

boegels (my favorite of these)

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope to be posting here soon as well. I just purchased an OR last week (another great deal I might add), but it hasn't arrived yet. I can post pix, but I want to wait until I actually have it in hand 1st.

This will be my very 1st thin ribbon hat. It'll also be the widest brim I currently own also, I'm actually excited about getting it, I hope I'm not disappointed. :rolleyes:

Duck

Practically Family
Bolthead, I think you will really like the thin ribbon. You can dress them up or down. They go with just about any look. It seems, here in the South anyway, that no one thinks a thing about you wearing a thin ribbon hat. Everyone is accustomed to seeing cowboy hats, so I guess thin ribbons just fit in.[huh]

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Bit Disappointed....

Well, it finally showed up today and I spoke too soon when I said I got another great deal. I supposed at $15.50 for an OR, it's still a good deal though. I love the hat itself, but it has a lot of moth bites for one, more than were shown in the pix, that's for sure.....:rolleyes: It needs a good cleaning, but that's to be expected. They advertised the size at 6 3/4 and I thought I was going to have to stretch it a bit? Well it's actually too big, I'm guessing a size 7 or even a bit bigger maybe? The inside of the hat is in better shape that the outside. Here's a few pics. Sorry about the flash, the color is closer to the 1st pic, minus the bright flash on the ribbon.

OR001.jpg

OR002.jpg

OR003.jpg

sorry for the blurry shot here, was kinda in a hurry and didn't change my settings [huh]
OR.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll find one cheaply eventually.

But, you can surely resell it for more than you paid, so it's not that big of a problem.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I forgot these.
This is a borsalino I got from Douglas that my dad has appropriated.
camelborsalino.jpg

and this is my Adam Panama
adampanama.jpg

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
As we approach the cooler weather of the fall

I humbly submit my application for membership to the brotherhood.

DSC_6012.jpg

DSC_6016.jpg

DSC_6014.jpg

DSC_6018.jpg

My Stetson 100. Got it down out of the closet this morning, cleaned and rebashed. Can't wait for the daytime temps to get below 100...

Cheers,

RC

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wow -- that looks like one mighty fine lid! Don't think I've ever laid eyes on a Stetson 100 before. Very nice!:eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
A Stetson 100? If that hat was made when comic books were ten cents, it would sell for TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS, today!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Duck

Practically Family
RBH said:
Every hat on page 5 reminds me of why I like a thin ribbon!
:eusa_clap Great hats guys!!!!!:eusa_clap
No truer words were ever spoken, RBH!!! That is why most of the hats I own are thin ribbons.
Here are the twins!!!!!!!!!! I just love the felt on these hats!!
Resistol5.jpg
[/IMG]

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
JtL and JT: thanks for the kind words. It is indeed a lovely hat, nearly flawless and nearly unworn (I don't think that the previous owner wore it at all). Just one small moth nibble in the back (less than 1/16"). Bought it on the bay about a year ago, and given the economies of time, it was a great deal...

Cheers,

RC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters