Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Thought it might be time to dust off this thread -- it's been a while. Man, there are some great lids here. :)

Here is a Stetson 3X that just arrived this week in mint, open-crown condition. This one has a western-style thin ribbon and is a beautiful ivory color. I love the feel of this felt -- substantial and smooth. The liner features the embroidered "Last Drop from His Stetson" scene.
Man that is a beautiful hat! Love that diamond too!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks, Gents!

The color of this lid really is gorgeous. It still throws me when I see it, however, since it is by far the closest thing to a white felt of any of my lids. Almost makes me feel like I need to get my teeth whitened to wear it ("Rustler's Rhapsody," anyone?) :D

Cheers,
JtL

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Bump...A few of us have recently purchased Camp Drafts...As soon as they arrive...I'm sure we'll all start adding to this great thread!:eusa_clap:D :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are my submissions for membership in the brotherhood. Neither is an OR, well one kind of is, but I hope they're adequate to get me in the door.

This one is my Johnnyphi Adam Royal, a thin, unlined hat that is the only felt I wore during the summer months.

IMG_0297.jpg

This one is my newest...an Akubra Camp Draft that is very stiff now, but I know it will become one of my favorites before very long at all.

IMG_0357.jpg

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Another Campdraft

I'd like to re-affirm my membership of this fine club, with this Campdraft in silverbelly. I will also try and get a pic of the diamond bash as requested in another thread somewhere.
campdraftsilver1mz0.jpg

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
For consideration...

A Stetson Whippet of unknown origins...
060708_162501.jpg
[/IMG]
My Akubra Bushman of DM origins...
030108_102400.jpg
[/IMG]
The Camp Draft will be up next when it arrives....:D

bolthead

Wow........

jimmy the lid said:
Thought it might be time to dust off this thread -- it's been a while. Man, there are some great lids here. :)

Here is a Stetson 3X that just arrived this week in mint, open-crown condition. This one has a western-style thin ribbon and is a beautiful ivory color. I love the feel of this felt -- substantial and smooth. The liner features the embroidered "Last Drop from His Stetson" scene.

OpenCrown-10.jpg

Liner-8.jpg

3X-1.jpg

3XTop.jpg

3XFront.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy, that is Gorgeous. You sure know how to pick 'em pal. :eusa_clap

It is a C-Crown though, right? :rolleyes:

Rick Blaine

Thin Ribbon Bonanza !

Must share this trio.

L-R a Towncraft, a Resistol Double-X (Wool, I think) and a Hatters Inc. from Ft. Worth (7 5/8! :eek:) . It was a twenty-five buck BIN ... purchased yesterday at just past noon (12:08 in fact) and this morning at 11:44 they arrived at my door, simply astonishing! Admittedly the seller was just the other side of Chattanooga, (a trip of 150 some odd miles) but still!

3SBs.jpg

towncraft.jpg

This Towncraft with the 2.5" brim and 6" open crown was the one I really wanted. It has what it takes to be in heavy rotation if autumn ever arrives.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
Jimmy, that is Gorgeous. You sure know how to pick 'em pal. :eusa_clap

It is a C-Crown though, right? :rolleyes:

Thanks, Bolt. Yup -- a teardrop, not a diamond.

Colby Jack said:
All I know is when I grow up...I wanna be Jimmy!:D :D :D :eusa_clap

lol lol lol

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

Colby Jack said:
A Stetson Whippet of unknown origins...
060708_162501.jpg
[/IMG]
My Akubra Bushman of DM origins...
030108_102400.jpg
[/IMG]
The Camp Draft will be up next when it arrives....:D

Both of those are nice lookin', CJ. I'll be interested in seeing how long it takes you and IC to get your Campdrafts from Hatsdirect.

JtL, that Stetson is a beautiful thing indeed. You must have one fine collection.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine said:
Must share this trio.

L-R a Towncraft, a Resistol Double-X (Wool, I think) and a Hatters Inc. from Ft. Worth (7 5/8! :eek:) . It was a twenty-five buck BIN ... purchased yesterday at just past noon (12:08 in fact) and this morning at 11:44 they arrived at my door, simply astonishing! Admittedly the seller was just the other side of Chattanooga, (a trip of 150 some odd miles) but still!

3SBs.jpg

towncraft.jpg

This Towncraft with the 2.5" brim and 6" open crown was the one I really wanted. It has what it takes to be in heavy rotation if autumn ever arrives.
Dang!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters