Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BWANA arrives! - First pics.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW..talk about a thread rising from the dead!!!

I'm still here MD, just back from a visit to the old homestead in Ca. for the weekend. How are you Sir?

Welcome to the Lounge TheGreen, I've received your message but don't know what part of the country you're from so we can talk tomorrow as I don't think many guys like taking calls at 11PM from their hatter. :D

TheGreen

New in Town
A Fist Full Of Fedora's

Hello Art,

I'm in San Diego, the same time zone as yours. Good to hear from you. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you tonight or tomorrow. If you can't reach me in the morning, please leave a message. I may be in the machine shop and away from the phone. But, all the phone messages go right to the email inbox. Was the message I left clear? We were having problems with our phone system all day today. Maybe I should call you when I get into the office. Thanks for the post. It's good to hear you're back in town.

TheGreen

New in Town
Sean Connery's Fedora

MDFrench,

Don't know if your interested... But, a good friend of mine was one of the two Prop. Masters in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." Called him today and asked him about the Connery/Quartermain Fedora. Of course, Prop. guys don't do wardrobe. But, he worked with the people who did. And, he may be able to find someone with one of the Connery Fedoras. That's not to say they'd be willing to part with it... But, you may be able to get some closeup photos or usable info. His name is Brenton Lane. And, you can Google him for his filmography and background.

TheGreen

New in Town
Sean Connery's Fedora

I'll do a little research and ask my buddy Brent to nose around. He may be able to find a key individual or two...

TVDinners

New in Town
I just started a thread about double-brimmed hats. I'd very much like to see the original pictures of Bwana that were in this thread. Could anybody help me out? Thanks for letting me post on a zombie thread!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Oh dear, all I need is for Art to post a picture of that hat and another lid goes on the 'must have' list. The only thing that will save me is my intention to not go back to Africa again and that is shaky, to say the least. Maybe in a couple more years . . .

job

One Too Many
If I stomped all over my akubra down under I'd have a close match for that hat.

th_hatssept272011009-1.jpg
th_AkubraDownUnder008-2.jpg
th_AkubraDownUnder009-2.jpg

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad every one here likes that hat, I've always wanted one myself since seeing Granger wear it in KSM. Here's one I found in my long searches, not double-stacked but still not a bad looking hat.
http://www.baronhats.com/Nims.htm
Don't like the price though :eeek:

Hi

I'd pay a custom hatter for that, and get it for closer to two of the four payments. He does have a shop in LA somewhere (right, no address on his website).

Later

digger

New in Town
Hi

I'd pay a custom hatter for that, and get it for closer to two of the four payments. He does have a shop in LA somewhere (right, no address on his website).

Later

Yeah, way too rich for me too. In any case, I find it hard to beat my old slouch hat for the bush as it has a chin strap which is something very handy. On the back of my head when the wind is blowing from the back and under my chin when I'm heading upwind. Very annoying to be chasing after your hat on windy days. When conditions call for my boonie or just a baseball cap I clip it to my pack and forget about it.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Glad every one here likes that hat, I've always wanted one myself since seeing Granger wear it in KSM. Here's one I found in my long searches, not double-stacked but still not a bad looking hat.
http://www.baronhats.com/Nims.htm
Don't like the price though :eeek:

That price is ridiculous, Art can make you one in 100% beaver felt. As to them charging an extra $100 for the "aged" look,holy cow just give the hat to a 6 year old with a pair of scissors and tell them to cut around the brim.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner