Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The devolution of our society through fashion in just two pictures.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A suit with an odd waistcoat is one of my favourite looks; very dashing, in my opinion.

Jiggs thought so too.

991850-jiggs_large.gif

With the relaxed standards fo today, the ultracasual get upset when confronted with someone that is dressed up. Are they some how embarrassed or are they upset because you don't mirror their clothing sensibilities?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
With the relaxed standards fo today, the ultracasual get upset when confronted with someone that is dressed up. Are they some how embarrassed or are they upset because you don't mirror their clothing sensibilities?

I'd say both. But the thing is, I refuse to go out looking like I'm a homeless bum. THAT is what I find REALLY embarrassing.

Mark B.

One of the Regulars
Recently getting more than a few compliments from younger folks on my hat, coat and tie. Younger being late teens to mid twenty's. It's been my experience that most people smile and say hello when we pass and seem to appreciate the effort made to make a decent appearance in public. Just an observation.

amador

A-List Customer
I often get compliments on my appearance, more often than not by women accompanied by men who sport the ultra casual look. I too have occasion for casual, but somehow I manage to infuse some sort of style into it. While painting the house this summer my wife commented that I seemed to wear work clothing that was coordinated. I will wear a baseball cap when playing baseball and I imagine that I would don a "trucker's cap" if I drove a truck. I might even put on some baggy pants if participating as a clown at the circus. I did wear uniforms of various types while in the military depending on the mission. Appropriateness of appearance seems to be the rule.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
For the first time in I almost can't remember how long, I put on two shirts, as I usually do, but neither of them had a collar, and shortly after doing so I realized that I wasn't comfortable and I realized it was because I wasn't wearing a shirt with a collar. So I took off the top shirt and put one on with a collar. Much better. More adult and slightly, although not much, more finished.

amador

A-List Customer
Walk with noble carriage and grim demenor
Speak with the resounding ring of unquestionable authority
Dress with purpose and flair
Add a little dignity to an otherwise vulgar affair.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We've got a Navy ship in port this weekend, and there's a lot of sailors and Marines on liberty doing the tourist thing, and as I was watching a group of them go up the street it struck me how refreshing it was to see young men and women going around in clothes that actually fit properly. Sad that it takes military discipline to bring them to that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925