The Disney Diner

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Marc Chevalier, May 3, 2007.

1. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Disney Fifteen Oxford

Size 7 3/8 felted edge Disney Fifteen Oxford plus original box with Courier and Ives scenes. The condition is very good and from a local DC retailer. The wide horizontal striped box ribbon is really nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blixa00

blixa00 One of the Regulars

What a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap

3. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

That is a gorgeous Disney mayserwegener. What a find!!!!! I love how Disney put the model name of each hat right in front. My Disney 15 homburg is just called "homburg." Is that a 2 1/8 inch ribbon?

4. Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers I'll Lock Up

The hat is great, but that box is really special.

Brad

5. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

blixa00, Joshbru, Brad, Thanks! :) Brad, I will take photos of all the scenes.

6. buler

buler My Mail is Forwarded Here

Disney Extra Quality Twenty

Got this green guy today. An Extra Quality Twenty. Has an embroidered liner tip and a Carter detachable sweatband. Also Cav edge and wind trolley. Someone must have checked all the options boxes.

B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RBH

RBH Bartender

That is a top notch Disney Buler!

8. jimmy the lid

jimmy the lid I'll Lock Up

Agreed!

9. rlk

rlk I'll Lock Up

Pass the Hat Company

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  10. Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers I'll Lock Up

Beautiful Disney, buler, back when they were still made by Hat Corporation of America!

Brad

11. Love that green, Buler.

12. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

UNREAL buler. If that hat was a car, it would be "fully loaded." I love everything about that hat. It even has a really cool looking slight brim curl in back.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Is the ribbon over 2 inches?

13. buler

buler My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nope, ribbon is 1 15/16".

B

14. bolthead

bolthead My Mail is Forwarded Here

Disney Twenty Oxford

I found this one for almost the same price as it was back in the day, $23 shipped.
    Beautiful liner, sweat is perfect, no nibbles, cav edge, nice wide box bow, what more can ya say?
    Only problem is, it's a 6 3/4, way too small, if I think I can stretch it to fit me, I will, otherwise I'll sell it here or somewhere else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. delectans

delectans Call Me a Cab

Disney 15

My first Disney, after searching for some time for one my size.

Impressive finish, with a nicely executed Cavanagh Edge. Felt is substantial but quite soft, similar in quality to, and just slightly lighter than a Dobbs 20 of the same period. The hat is of much better quality than the listing photos had indicated, and in near new, unworn condition. Color is a lovely shade of taupe which I quite like.

Perfect condition felt, sweatband, and liner tip, but a previous owner had fitted an encircling cardboard strip behind the sweatband, and secured it to the liner with masking tape, which I very carefully removed.

The hat also came with what appears to be its original hatbox, an exquisite, heavily constructed box with glossy black paper exterior meant to imitate a black lacquer finish.

Crown: 5-1/2" at the peak, as I have it creased.
    Ribbon: 2".
    Brim: 2-5/8".
    Sweatband: 1-7/8".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  16. alanfgag

alanfgag

Beauty, Al!... I'm looking forward to seeing and learning more about Disney hats over the coming weeks. I don't remember John David Inc. being there when I worked at the NY Public Library on that corner in the early 1970s, it would have been very close to Rogers Peet:

[​IMG]

17. delectans

delectans Call Me a Cab

Thanks, Alan! Very interesting John David ad from 1939.

With that Disney hoard the other night on the 'Bay I am really hoping that at least some of them will be posted here and we can increase our appreciation of this still somewhat enigmatic company and their hats.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  18. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Spotted a Disney Box at an antique mall the other day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ejbhats

ejbhats A-List Customer

Glad I found this thread! Disney hats are probably my favorites even though at the moment I only have a Ranger, thats kind of mangey. A couple more should be on their way soon.
    Could one of you tell me how a Disney hat, of vintage quality, would feel compared to a Borsalino? I do not have a Borso for comparison but got a feeling they might be similar. Or am I all washed up?
    Eric

20. delectans

delectans Call Me a Cab

I was hoping others with a greater sample size of Disney and Borsalino hats would have responded to your question by now, but, since there have been no responses, I will chime in despite the fact I have only one Disney lid upon which to base my assessment.

My Disney 15 is more similar to my Hat Corporation Of America hats, than it is to any of my Borsalinos. This makes some sense considering their association. The Borsalino felt is softer and lighter, but my Disney 15 has that clay-like felt so characteristic of the better quality Dobbs, Knox, or Cavanagh hats of the period.

Hope that helps.