Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Disney Diner

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
And then there's this Disney Homburg.
IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow.....

EricH, that is one sweet hat. I love the color and the feather color is way cool as well. It really sets it off.

Lady Blue, That Lancer is just Amazing.....1 of the nicest, classiest hats I've seen in awhile. I love it.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I know I am going to feel silly for asking, but there is only one "Disney" I know about ...
Is this brand licensed by the same gentleman from mouse fame?

fatwoul

Practically Family
DOUGLAS said:
This one is currently in the classified section. I would gladly trade it for Marc's dream hat.

But then what would Marc dream about?

Dinerman said:
Nope. Disney was founded 1885.

That's cheating! It's written inside JT's hat right there! :D

fatwoul

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
...Everybody check- labels?

I'm guessing a union label is what I think it is - a stamped label with some sort of information relating to, well, the labour unions of the people in the factory?

Or is it something completely different?

I saw one earlier in the thread, I think, but it was a bunch of numbers or something.

bolthead

Thanks JT.....

....for resurrecting this thread. :eusa_clap

Here's mine, I only have one so far, but after I got it I fell in love with it & definitely want another one, for sure.

Disney2.jpg

Disney4.jpg

Disney5.jpg

Disney6.jpg

Disney7.jpg

I have Dumbjaw to thank for my Disney, he's the one that actually found it for me on OFAS, if not for him I may not have this hat today.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Bolthead, It looks great on you! I see yours is a "twenty," which means it must be one fantastic piece of fur! Do you sit around and pet yours while you watch t.v., too? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Great point Diner ...
Supposed I should open my eyes before my mouth, as 1885 would've been about 15 years before Walt was born.

See, I knew I'd feel silly for asking

bolthead

J.T.Marcus said:
Bolthead, It looks great on you! I see yours is a "twenty," which means it must be one fantastic piece of fur! Do you sit around and pet yours while you watch t.v., too? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
LMAO....it is amazingly soft and pliable.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Marc, Thanks for starting this thread. It may not be large but where else would we see vintage Disney's in one place? :D

GWD

One Too Many
My First Disney

This is a great little hat! It was originally a 7 1/4 Long Oval. It arrived filthy so I gave in a gas bath and re-blocked it to a 7 1/8. It turned out pretty nice. I did loose the Disney Crest in an oxyclean bath but what are you guna do?

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

AlanC

^Very sharp. And since this thread has been revived, I'll post pics of my thrifted 1940s Disney as refurbished by Art Fawcett. The hat box was an orphaned one rescued from ebay:

p1012091il6.jpg

p1012089tp5.jpg

p1012085dz4.jpg

p1012093xo2.jpg

And currently I'm awaiting this one from ebay complete with Disney box:

disney3pj1.jpg

disney2qx5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ