Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The eagle has landed !!! New Aero 30's Half Belt :)

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great looking half belt. Looks a bit longer in the body than a standard 38", did you have any added. Also, interested in your opinion of the vintage brown compared to the standard brown FQHH.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Looks great! Lots of envious members here. Question , what was the turn around time? Do you recall the date you ordered? Thanks,
wear it well.

borisna

A-List Customer
Some detail pics:

img3513jy.jpg

img3511q.jpg

img3512j.jpg

@too much coffee, mexl916 - the Iron Rangers rock !! Don't know why a lot of people say there are not comfy I love mine and they only keep getting more and more comfy :)

Lining is berry checked cotton, I wanted cotton drill and they put this one by mistake, but I like it, the checks make the jacket look even more classy and with our winter around 15-20 degrees Celsius it is perfect with a shirt, don't know how it will hold up with time though, as it is thinner.

BTW I read on another thread here people worrying about experience levels at Aero after the recent departure of some of the machinists, My jacket was made by Greg who is in first year with Aero and the jacket is simply impeccable, amazing work !!

@Fanch - I would say the main thing is that vintage FQHH is much less stiff and comfy to wear straight out of the box compared to regular FQHH.

@mexl916 - the cuff are lined with leather, did not ask for anything special there, but I love this feature, and it does not make the cuffs bulky at all, I wear a pretty thick watch and it doesn't get in the way.
Did adjust the back length, I think the regular back measurement is about 23.5" I asked for 25.5", I am 5"11', 37.5" chest.

Used the hot water treatment described on the forum to shape the collar works like a charm !!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Borisna, your 30's HB is very similar to Griff's but much prefer your longer your longer body length. The 30's HB was designed during an era when pants had a much higher rise and were worn at least 3" higher than current standards. Hence your body length is much more contemporary but still retains the spirit of the time from which it was designed. BTW I am of the opinion that your sleeves are perfect. I can certainly see why you are happy with your new jacket. Wear it in good health.

borisna

A-List Customer
Fanch, I actually used Griff's measurements for that jacket as a bench mark for mine, as we are similar in build and hight, but decided to add one more inch to the back to be on the safe side :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Fanch, I actually used Griff's measurements for that jacket as a bench mark for mine, as we are similar in build and hight, but decided to add one more inch to the back to be on the safe side :)

Boris, you hit a home run with this one!

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
That is a sweet design, very smart and trim. Too bad you'll only get a few days of wear out of it since the world will end this Saturday. ;) lol

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That is a sweet design, very smart and trim. Too bad you'll only get a few days of wear out of it since the world will end this Saturday. ;) lol
But he will be going out in style *Straightens cravat, adjusts sunglasses, dusts down Aero. Waits*

Trust But Verify

New in Town
I actually thought that the lining was one of the Locharron Tartans at first - definitely good choice on keeping it because it compliments the jacket perfectly. Nice choice on the extended length also - it really does make the jacket look a bit more current but still timeless. Congrats!

Silverpoint

New in Town
Borisna- you mentioned 'the hot water treatment' that you used for the collar. Could you elaborate on this? I tried to search the orignial thread you referenced, but could not find anything specific.

dm8877

New in Town
Some detail pics:

@too much coffee, mexl916 - the Iron Rangers rock !! Don't know why a lot of people say there are not comfy I love mine and they only keep getting more and more comfy :)

Lining is berry checked cotton, I wanted cotton drill and they put this one by mistake, but I like it, the checks make the jacket look even more classy and with our winter around 15-20 degrees Celsius it is perfect with a shirt, don't know how it will hold up with time though, as it is thinner.

BTW I read on another thread here people worrying about experience levels at Aero after the recent departure of some of the machinists, My jacket was made by Greg who is in first year with Aero and the jacket is simply impeccable, amazing work !!

@Fanch - I would say the main thing is that vintage FQHH is much less stiff and comfy to wear straight out of the box compared to regular FQHH.

@mexl916 - the cuff are lined with leather, did not ask for anything special there, but I love this feature, and it does not make the cuffs bulky at all, I wear a pretty thick watch and it doesn't get in the way.
Did adjust the back length, I think the regular back measurement is about 23.5" I asked for 25.5", I am 5"11', 37.5" chest.

Used the hot water treatment described on the forum to shape the collar works like a charm !!

@borisna: your jacket looks great and very similar to one I'd like to order. Can you tell me is the back on your coat the "action back" or pleated shoulder or whatever aero calls it? It's hard to tell from the photos. Thanks.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think that I can answer your questions. Boris said earlier that his 30's HB is size 38 with 25.5" back. That means that the back length of 25.5" is measured from the collar seam to the bottom of the jacket. You can easily determine your optimal back length by taking your favorite jacket and determine your "sweet spot" in the back. Maybe have someone take a picture of you from the back with your jacket zipped. Keep in mind that the 30's HB is a bit longer in the front, so don't overestimate the back length for that style, no more than a couple of inches below your belt in the back. Others on the FL might offer opinions as mine and would invite their input.

The 30's HB does not come with a bi-swing back but pleats at the false belt in the back.

Last edited:

dm8877

New in Town
Thanks for that. I have a jacket that is a perfect length in back but I think it's the same length in the front too. I'll definitely check back with FL for opinions once I have pulled together some measurements. Sorry to thread jack.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You haven't in any way hijacked this thread, the purpose of which is for a FL member to illustrate what he has so that someone else can try to duplicate a similar jacket on an entirely different body frame. HoosierDaddy has said that his "sweet spot" for most jackets on his 6'2" frame is 26.5" which is mine too since I am also that height.

I have struggled for years trying to achieve the perfect fit. :eek:hwell: Six months ago while I was in Seattle, I almost walked out of Insurrection with a FQHH 30's slim fit in size 42 but thought the fit was a bit too tight for me and sleeves a bit too short (I have very long arms). At any rate, I would recommend that you carefully describe your body measurements to Holly or Christine if you are ordering from Aero directly, or to Wade or Carrie if your order is from Insurrection. Make whomever takes your order exactly aware of how you want your jacket to fit. Should your travels take you to Seattle, you must visit Insurrection.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy