Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge Guide to The U.S. Navy Bridge Coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Here's a good example of a woman's bridge coat. The female version has six buttons, rounded collar points, and a shaped upper torso with extra seams, as the coat below clearly illustrates.

18b.jpg 18c.jpg 18a woman's.JPG 18f.jpg 18e.jpg

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Modern-day bridge coats appear to have been made in a medium-blue color, otherwise the same as the normal standard USN coat. The coat below was described as a US Coast Guard coat by the seller.

uscg bridge coat.JPG

The Coast Guard Exchange website indicates that a medium-blue bridge coat is available LINK and includes a photo.

Bridge_Coat__front_.jpg

The photos below show Coast Guard cadets at presidential inaugurations.

075ef096d65618310704afa998550232.jpg uscg 934851.jpg uscg 934852.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Below is a US Merchant Marine Academy bridge coat, made from what looks like a mediumweight wool twill (definitely not the heavy melton wool or vintage kersey). Note removable warm liner. Note also the unique leather loops for the shoulder boards.

merchantmarineacademy 1a.JPG merchantmarineacademy 1b.JPG merchantmarineacademy 1c.JPG merchantmarineacademy 1d.JPG merchantmarineacademy 1e.JPG merchantmarineacademy 1f.JPG merchantmarineacademy 1g.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana