Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The First Step BEFORE Buying Another Leather Jacket - Good Luck!

Bought an Aero Highwayman a couple of weeks ago and love it, the Christmas bonus has just paid out and I have my eye on another Aero, I bought my wife an AGA 22 years ago so can't use that as a good excuse again, what do you think the best plan would be to break the news?

Nice on the AGA. As for now, here's my take - and I'm waiting on my bonus check here too (feel Like Clark in Christmas Story lol )
I get a bonus. I get myself something and I also give the family something. The one time I don't ask or bargain. It's my bonus for my work. No guilt. Unless of course my bonus is enrollment in the "jelly of the month club" :)

DonW

New in Town
I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, the reply was MONEY, my past attempts at buying the right present have been poor to say the least, so the plan is to give her half the bonus and the rest is MINE, however this still doesn't give me rights to spend it on myself! I might just buy the jacket and show it her when it comes and take the flack!

Edward

Bartender
It must be nice to have a significant other to consider in these situations. My cats have never complained about my wardrobe expenses or my shoe habit, but somehow it ain't the same... Heh.

When I was much younger, it was my mum.
When I was a bit younger, it was my girlfriend.
And now............. hahaha...... ummm
I once had a fiance that suggested we sell her (cheap) guitar, and all my expensive ones, and buy "one good one to share" (that no doubt she'd have taken when she left). What actually stung me at the time was not the idea, but that it hadn't occurred to her after nearly three years that I was left handed!

I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, the reply was MONEY, my past attempts at buying the right present have been poor to say the least, so the plan is to give her half the bonus and the rest is MINE, however this still doesn't give me rights to spend it on myself! I might just buy the jacket and show it her when it comes and take the flack!

If you're giving her 1/2 of YOUR bonus, you get what you want with YOUR half! The horsehide will take the flack lol

It must be nice to have a significant other to consider in these situations. My cats have never complained about my wardrobe expenses or my shoe habit, but somehow it ain't the same... Heh.

I once had a fiance that suggested we sell her (cheap) guitar, and all my expensive ones, and buy "one good one to share" (that no doubt she'd have taken when she left). What actually stung me at the time was not the idea, but that it hadn't occurred to her after nearly three years that I was left handed!

Cats are good. I have four, none care bout my jackets except the Alpaca lined ones which make a good bed if I forget to hang it!

DonW

New in Town
We used to have a white cat, she died a couple of years ago, we are still finding cat hair everywhere, she used to sleep in every nook and cranny that she could find.

Windward

Practically Family
Cats are good. I have four, none care bout my jackets except the Alpaca lined ones which make a good bed if I forget to hang it!

Hey ... know what you are talkin' about - my Tomcat loves the shearling ... eh... BTW .... please take away your jacket from cats claws... its not the best way to age your jacket in a "natural" way....

OMalleyontheback.jpg

Last edited:

Windward

Practically Family
Windy - looks like my Maine Coon! Big, fat cat. And my jackets all have cat scratches now. Part of the character. lol

Butte - yes very similiar to the American Maine Coon - its a Norwegian Forest Cat - 8 kg :eusa_doh: - lovely Monster .... and take care of my leathers...thanks god!

DonW

New in Town
Well guys I took the plunge and just bought an FQHH Aero Highwayman on ebay, described as 'hardly worn', I will let you know what it's like when it arrives, asked for it to be posted in the new year so it doesn't get lost in the Xmas post mayhem, cost £255 (approx $400), this will be my second Highwayman, the first is oil pull steer hide, and before you ask, I haven't mentioned it my wife yet, another reason for delaying the delivery!!!!!!

Cooperson

One Too Many
DonW - Sounds like you snagged a real bargain, £255 is a great price! You will love Aero's heavy horse, the patina it develops is special - easily there best hide IMO.

Don't forget to post some pics when it arrives.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24