Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flat Head Del Raiser, size 44 (fits 42)

Thon Maker

One of the Regulars
$2,000 OBO

Condition: worn 3x. Each time for no more than 2 hours throughout the day. Immaculate condition. Please see all detailed pictures.

Size: 44

Measurements:
Shoulder: 20”
Chest: 22.5”
Back of neck to bottom hem (back length): 25.5”
Sleeve length: 26”

Attachments

• C7D2E79E-7182-4960-8D59-92753DF4E1A3.jpeg
    C7D2E79E-7182-4960-8D59-92753DF4E1A3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 207
  • 344C38BC-B4D6-425A-9CCE-0E5CE838994B.jpeg
    344C38BC-B4D6-425A-9CCE-0E5CE838994B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 202
  • D609A511-9842-4AC6-A9F2-8E993419CED5.jpeg
    D609A511-9842-4AC6-A9F2-8E993419CED5.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 186
  • 8AA867EC-3D27-412E-A212-4709F5F5C328.jpeg
    8AA867EC-3D27-412E-A212-4709F5F5C328.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 191
  • 617A7FF1-BDAA-44DD-AC1E-E336D4F6F91C.jpeg
    617A7FF1-BDAA-44DD-AC1E-E336D4F6F91C.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 204

Despot

Familiar Face
I picked up one of these in the same size on FL earlier this year … and it’s become my daily driver since then. The OP is right - it’s a very slim 44 … wide shoulders and fairly narrow waste - a very V fit.

But … what a jacket! I’ve been stopped by random strangers who wanted to know where I got it - and when they wear in these look spectacular. Easily my favourite cross zip … especially in the high end Japanese made market

Good luck with the sale!

Thon Maker

One of the Regulars
I just unfortunately am not a double rider guy, hoping it can go to a good home!

The flannel lining definitely has something to do with the fit IMO, it's definitely not true to size by any stretch.

VonTr4pp

New in Town
I could possibly be interested in this. Was just looking at these a few days after essentially giving up on procuring a J24L.

Can you add any fit pics? I'm a little concerned about the shoulders and what some of you are saying about "slim", though I believe it would fit me well, the consensus is the shoulders really look big, regardless of whether it's a 40 or a 44.

Any input would be helpful. Not a ton of data on these.

Despot

Familiar Face
I could possibly be interested in this. Was just looking at these a few days after essentially giving up on procuring a J24L.

Can you add any fit pics? I'm a little concerned about the shoulders and what some of you are saying about "slim", though I believe it would fit me well, the consensus is the shoulders really look big, regardless of whether it's a 40 or a 44.

Any input would be helpful. Not a ton of data on these.
So Gily has posted above about owning one of these - in fact I bought his Delraiser. He went on to buy a J24L and it fit him perfectly (as did the Delraiser).

If you’re in the market for the original fit J24 or the J24L … ( ie before they introduced the 2021 roomier fit J24 ) then you’ll fit the Delraiser.

I don’t have any fit pics unfortunately but I’ll see if I can take some later and send them to you - I’ve lost a lot of weight this year and I’ve gone from a size 48 to 44 … I too was worried about the fit and agonized about it with Gily before pulling the trigger and it turned out fine. And normally I’d shy away from anything labelled as a slim fit - I’m not the typical athletic V shape … even having dropped the weight.

Maybe search Gily’s thread about the J24L (and his Delraiser sale thread which has fit pics).

Despot

Familiar Face
Sorry - I rambled on without making the point.

My point is the OP has noted that it fits like a 42. I don’t fit into anything labelled 42 - I’m generally a 44 fit. If you’re a typical 42 (drop 6 - so a 36 inch waist) this will fit roomier I think … it’ll zip easily but it won’t be the close fit that is really intended with this jacket. My waist is now just under 38 inches (37.5 I think) at my jeans waist line - I’m still carrying a tiny bit of gut above it (working on that too) so I’m just over 39 inches slightly higher up. The Delraiser fits close … as intended … but that’s how it should fit I think.

stook1

New in Town
Sorry - I rambled on without making the point.

My point is the OP has noted that it fits like a 42. I don’t fit into anything labelled 42 - I’m generally a 44 fit. If you’re a typical 42 (drop 6 - so a 36 inch waist) this will fit roomier I think … it’ll zip easily but it won’t be the close fit that is really intended with this jacket. My waist is now just under 38 inches (37.5 I think) at my jeans waist line - I’m still carrying a tiny bit of gut above it (working on that too) so I’m just over 39 inches slightly higher up. The Delraiser fits close … as intended … but that’s how it should fit I think.

I actually just bought this jacket from the OP last night and, coincidentally, iterated at some length about the measurements and fit as well. OPs jacket measures about 20.5" at the hem, which I'd think would be too narrow for the typical true 44. I have another jacket with the same hem measurement that is pretty snug at the waist (I'm TTS 36 waist and a true 42 jacket -- maybe 43, depending upon cut, etc).

The P2P on this jacket seems to be a similar story. It looks to be about 22-22.5" or so, which would also be more like a true 42 rather than a true 44, at least in my limited experience.

Last edited:

gily

A-List Customer
So Gily has posted above about owning one of these - in fact I bought his Delraiser. He went on to buy a J24L and it fit him perfectly (as did the Delraiser).

If you’re in the market for the original fit J24 or the J24L … ( ie before they introduced the 2021 roomier fit J24 ) then you’ll fit the Delraiser.

I don’t have any fit pics unfortunately but I’ll see if I can take some later and send them to you - I’ve lost a lot of weight this year and I’ve gone from a size 48 to 44 … I too was worried about the fit and agonized about it with Gily before pulling the trigger and it turned out fine. And normally I’d shy away from anything labelled as a slim fit - I’m not the typical athletic V shape … even having dropped the weight.

Maybe search Gily’s thread about the J24L (and his Delraiser sale thread which has fit pics).
Here is the sale thread on Despot Jacket

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-the-flat-head-delraiser-size-44.107135/#post-2905828

Despot

Familiar Face
I actually just bought this jacket from the OP last night and, coincidentally, iterated at some length about the measurements and fit as well. OPs jacket measures about 20.5" at the hem, which I'd think would be too narrow for the typical true 44. I have another jacket with the same hem measurement that is pretty snug at the waist (I'm TTS 36 waist and a true 42 jacket -- maybe 43, depending upon cut, etc).

The P2P on this jacket seems to be a similar story. It looks to be about 22-22.5" or so, which would also be more like a true 42 rather than a true 44, at least in my limited experience.
So … eh … I may have underestimated my weight loss … as I seem to be closer to 36 inches in the waist now. I was wondering how/why the Delraiser fits well!

Guys - if you want to lose weight just have a new born and lose all the time you used to have to eat! I’ve shed about a decade of crappy diet weight since January (and for most of that time I was too busy to even notice).

Of course … you’ll never have disposable income to buy jackets again … but at least you’ll fit into the Flat Head cut finally!

stook1

New in Town
Ah! Very good @Despot. First and foremost, congrats on the weight loss and newborn! But I also appreciate the clarification as you were beginning to stress me out a tad despite my confidence that the OPs jacket should work for me.

VonTr4pp

New in Town
Dang it Michael! OK, fine. I should have known it wouldn't last. Glad you sold this quickly.

@Despot - "If you’re a typical 42 (drop 6 - so a 36 inch waist)" - How did I never know this equation?! Awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ