Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The GE Monitor Top a classic kitchen icon.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Very impressive find! Especially since your kitchen seems to have been designed with exactly this fridge in mind -- it fits the space perfectly.

Yes, it seems that most of these places here from the 30s-40s had these types of fridges in mind! The 1940 GE I had was just an inch too wide for that space! But this one fits Perfect!

that's an awesome fridge! But why is your milk out on top of it? And practically, it can't store much can it? What do you do for a freezer? Or don't you cook much?

I'd suggest never painting it.

1st Question: Milk is a display bottle, with foam beads inside. Real milk is inside! ;)

2nd Question: We do cook, we mostly will go to the store and buy what we need before we prepare a meal. Then, we have less leftovers! Also, we don't own a microwave and frozen foods we store consists of some frozen hamburger, some mixed vegetables and an ice cube tray. We try and eat as much fresh food as possible. Most of our long term food is in can form and is stored in the kitchen cupboards.

3rd Question: I plan on painting it some time in the future however I'm enjoying it as it is right now. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR