Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Nah, studying requires some effort; most people who have been run over by cars did so without even trying. :p

You have a good point.
Unless it was a Volkswagen van, then of course I would assume you'd hear that coming and have PLENTY of time to get out of the way.
Segueing into that, I consider the Prius (and those like it) to be more dangerous BECAUSE they don't make a sound.
The quietness does have a benefit. A customer of ours uses his Prius, to take the family on trips to the country, to view the wildlife.
His kids enjoyed going each weekend to see animals they don't normally see, because the animals weren't spooked by the car.
They never saw Bigfoot though, but then again they didn't go to Arkansas. :D

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
The problem with being "non-PC" is that people use that as an excuse to be offensive and insulting. It's very similar to "keeping it real".

Well now lets see....the "PC" groups are those that have organized and chosen City by City to set up camp and to sue Towns and Cities for having Christmas....to sue Towns and Cities for having any Easter events in public They have an agenda. They desire to reduce everyone's freedoms including yours (if you reside in the USA). No one says if you are not politically correct, that you desire to be out of control, rude, nor dishonest. Last time I checked, the USA still has what we call, the US Constitution. We still have Freedom. That same Freedom has been protected since the time period of our Founding Fathers by individuals that have had ZERO to do with being politically correct, and by willing to give their life to protect the very Freedom that those politically correct would have you stripped of. Freedom has never been "free" but from observing the majority of anyone in the USA that wants to scream for politically correct policies, have never served their Country....they don't believe in it. Something that is one of the most sacred treasures the USA has to offer everyone, is Freedom, and that Freedom has been paid by the Men and Women that have been willing to give their very life, to protect.

You can vote for "politically correct" all you want, but remember the Freedom that even allows you to vote, was purchased by those willing to give their life for your Freedom of choice to even be able to have a vote.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
That same Freedom has been protected since the time period of our Founding Fathers by individuals that have had ZERO to do with being politically correct, and by willing to give their life to protect the very Freedom that those politically correct would have you stripped of.

Apart from the persecution and muzzling of Loyalists... which were to them ¨politically incorrect¨. (And leaving out the denial of freedom to those of the ¨incorrect¨ skin color.)

Not taking any sides in a 18th Century dispute in North America... just pointing out that notions of what is the politically ¨correct¨ thinking and attitude existed since times immemorial on all sides.

You of course mean with ¨politcally correct¨ not the concept of politcal correctness itself (which exists on both sides of the American political spectrum) but only those of a specific persuasion you disagree with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW