Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Jacket Mystery...Solved

TheJacketPacket

New in Town
My fellow outerwear aficionados, it is my pleasure to finally lay to rest a decade-long question that I know has been on no one’s mind: What jacket was Jamie Bell wearing in the box office flop “Jumper”?

upload_2021-6-11_8-12-10.jpeg

upload_2021-6-11_8-12-22.jpeg

There have been numerous forum posts (not here, but in other, less reputable jacket forums) about what this jacket could be. Is it a bastardized Brimaco? A Beck? A custom job? A Frankenstein combination of all of them???

Well, gentlemen! Wonder no longer! For I, in my never ending quest to solve this millennium riddle, stumbled upon an eBay listing for the jacket in question being sold in a costume house inventory sell off and still bearing the mark of “Fox”, the production company. Not knowing the treasure they possessed, I snapped it up.

upload_2021-6-11_8-9-21.jpeg
upload_2021-6-11_8-9-40.jpeg

And so, at long last, we have an answer...

upload_2021-6-11_8-2-17.jpeg

Wolff of Canada??? What...how......where...

All kidding aside, I have no inkling of what this company was and my searches have all come up without answers. The jacket has clearly been modified for the purposes of a movie with artificial distressing and tears, but the underlying jacket is fantastic. The leather is flexible but hardy and the hardware has held up very well. I was curious if anyone knows more about “Wolff of Canada” and the jackets they made.

And so, one mystery closes and another begins...

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-11_8-3-35.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-11_8-3-35.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 306

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Cool story. There are a ton of Wolff jackets out there, search "Wolff" "leather jacket", but I have not seen many discussed here. Maybe we should. Fit pics?

Edward

Bartender
There is a shop here in Burbank that sells costumes and clothing from movies and TV shows. I once owned a red velvet tuxedo jacket worn by Joey Ramone in Rock-n-roll High School. It still had all the production tags in it.

Wow! Any photos?

Unfortunately, the jacket was “borrowed” by a girl who subsequently “disappeared” from my life. :( It was one of those great pieces that I wore in college to parties along with a red velvet paisley smoking jacket. There was also a cream colored blazer with black salamanders all over from a store in Georgetown called Commander Salamander.

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
There could probably be a separate thread on jackets and other amazing things that were "borrowed" by an ex and never returned. Of course, probably none of us has pictures of any of them though....

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There could probably be a separate thread on jackets and other amazing things that were "borrowed" by an ex and never returned. Of course, probably none of us has pictures of any of them though....
That’s a cool idea. I have lost at least one leather jacket and one guitar that way. Although to be honest they were given, not “borrowed”.

Edward

Bartender
Unfortunately, the jacket was “borrowed” by a girl who subsequently “disappeared” from my life. :( It was one of those great pieces that I wore in college to parties along with a red velvet paisley smoking jacket. There was also a cream colored blazer with black salamanders all over from a store in Georgetown called Commander Salamander.

I hit "like", but what I meant was:

4813.jpg

I'm lucky, all I lost that way was an antique silver perfume bottle that came down through my family. Wish I still had that, but it was probably ebayed years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran