Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Hornet

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
I honestly don't know how this movie got the Green light to be made at all. The whole justification from Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, who wrote this mess, is that "The Green Hornet is like really old and not that many people really remember him, so we can pretty much do what we want with it!" They really should be ashamed for what they have done to a classic American hero that has been established for over seventy five years. Makes you wonder what other classic Icons they might mess up next. I suppose we could see a slacker Lone Ranger, or maybe he could remake The Maltese falcon. I mean that movie is SO old and todays audience is not that familiar with it, I am sure that Rogen and Goldberg would be glad to work their magic on it! ;(

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
We will be seeing "The Lone Ranger" coming soon. Johnny Depp has signed on to play Tonto and says he wants to make it truer representation of Native Americans than we saw in the original Ranger shows. One hopes Depp can make a better film than Rogen.

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
I at least hope that this movie will lead some new fans to seek out more classic versions of The Green Hornet. It would be nice for the younger audiences to know that The green Hornet was not always presented as a bumbling slacker idiot!

Anne_Nagel--Green_Hornet_Strikes_Again.jpg

59Lark

Practically Family
saw this movie in the deluxe theater with fancy sound and leather recliner and bar service and meal if you wished. The 3 d glasses through me back to the sixites, I loved the imperial, one hell of a car, kato was good was spoiled by the tv series and expected more of the young actor but heck the audience loved it, could have it been better hell yes. Was it likely to happen no. This generation is losing ground but like i have argued before, lesser of three evils not a winner or loser situation. So if i see the imperial in my neighbourhood anytime soon we will look and see if paisley is in the back seat. 59Lark.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
After seeing the Original Serial on TCM some months back... my hatred for Rogen and company has grown even more. I thought what they did to Doc Savage was a crime.... the modern Hornet is blasphemy. That film makes Baldwin's "Shadow" look like King Lear. How does that putz still draw a paycheck?

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk