Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Hornet

"Green Fedora"

New in Town
"The Green Hornet"1966-1967 Television Series

[huh] The reason why "The Green Hornet"was canceled was not due to poor writing,it had great writing.The Executive Producer,William Dozier,wanted the show to be an hour long,and proved it could work by making three 2-part episodes,in an effort to recuperate production costs[the show was costing more to make per weekly episode than the 1966-68 live-action "Batman"],plus an hour fleshed out the charactors more,and gave better opportunities for more story time.The ABC broadcast network said they wanted it to stay at half-an-hour long,and the show was doing well in the prime time ratings each week[Friday nights 7:30p.m.-8:00p.m.],but Dozier pulled the plug on the network,after only 26 half-hour color T.V.Episodes had been filmed,[the commitment to ABC called for a full 30 Episodes].The show originally aired from September 9,1966,to July 14,1967,for one season,one year,if only Dozier had said yes to the half-hour format ABC wanted the series to stay at,it would have lasted at least a few more seasons,years,very unfortunate,very sad,it was a very high-quality product all-around.:)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
The Black Beauty! Small bills, please. lol

I think the car was referred to as 'Black Beauty,' and not 'The Black Beauty.' It may seem like a minor thing, but I believe it had to do with the personalization of an inanimate object.

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
scottyrocks said:
I think the car was referred to as 'Black Beauty,' and not 'The Black Beauty.' It may seem like a minor thing, but I believe it had to do with the personalization of an inanimate object.

Nope, it was always referred to as The Black Beauty.

"Another challenge for the Green Hornet, his aid Kato and their rolling arsenal, The Black Beauty"

gh_02-1.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Leesensei said:
Nope, it was always referred to as The Black Beauty.

"Another challenge for the Green Hornet, his aid Kato and their rolling arsenal, The Black Beauty"

I meant by the Green Hornet himself in the 60s tv show, usually when he was talking to Kato, but that was a long time ago so I wasnt really sure.

High Pockets

Practically Family
Orlan said:
Check the Green Hornet casting for the new movie, it's a JOKE!!!
I do hope it is a joke.

Or at least dies a death sometime between filming and release,.....I mean come-on,......this guy's gonna be the Green Hornet?

seth-rogen.jpg

I've been a Green Hornet fan since the 1960's and I for one think it's a disgusting idea.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
No Joke.

No Joke. If you hadnt noticed, for the last year, Seth Rogen has appeared thinner & thinner at award ceremonies.
And really, remember the first Batman movie inthe `80s? Michael Keaton? He did well, but before that he was a comic actor. Hey, he was BEETLEJUICE!

Heres a shot from the filming
3985388532_870019d3c3.jpg

here he is at ComicCon , debuting the car used in th filming
3801415498_15a20a9987.jpg

a better shot of the car
3751700340_02709d923e.jpg

High Pockets

Practically Family
Well, it’s nothing more than a gut feeling, but it is telling me that this is going to be a terrible motion picture.
However I suppose "The proof is in the pudding".

:) Trust me; as a big fan of the story I hope he screws it all up somehow and actually manages to produce a decent picture. If he can do that he'll get some of my money. If he can't,.....I'm afraid he will have screwed up a good thing for generations to come.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Man, and after what they did to the Spirit.

I just want a serious-ish pulpy play-it-straight fedora-hero movie. In the wake of Nolan's Dark Knight, why are we doing Schumacher's Batman and Robin?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Bruce Wayne said:
NEVER mention that name. :rage: :rage: :rage:

In the Batman Beyond cartoon, there's a scene of a bunch of little boys in Gotham playing, repeating things they've heard about the legendary Batman, and getting more and more excited until one goes "...Batman's car can fly!"

Disdainfully, another kid says, "Shut up, Joel." lol

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Viola said:
In the Batman Beyond cartoon, there's a scene of a bunch of little boys in Gotham playing, repeating things they've heard about the legendary Batman, and getting more and more excited until one goes "...Batman's car can fly!"

Disdainfully, another kid says, "Shut up, Joel." lol

Actually, he says it can drive up walls. The scene you are refering to is this one, although I cannot get it to play right now.

I personally like how it is an obvious insult to joel Schumacher. It even says shoemaker in the background. lol

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, its been years since I've seen the clip.

I still want a serious Green Hornet. I'm not talking like grim, but straight? The Rocketeer? Maybe? Please?

I hope Seth Rogen proves us wrong, but I doubt it will happen. I've only seen two of the films previously directed by Michel Gondry; not completely horrible, but not great either.

Several years ago I saw Van Williams speak at a convention about The Green Hornet television series. He said Bruce Lee was a real pleasure to work with, but the wardrobe (three-piece suit and overcoat, all wool) made filming in California during the summer months very uncomfortable and he wasn't too disappointed when the show was cancelled. At the time of the convention, Williams was working as a reserve deputy with the Malibu (California) division of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. He said people would occasionally recognize his voice and say something to the effect of, "I'm getting busted by the Green Hornet!" :D

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Zombie_61 said:
I hope Seth Rogen proves us wrong, but I doubt it will happen. I've only seen two of the films previously directed by Michel Gondry; not completely horrible, but not great either.

Gondry directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and won an Oscar for co-writing that film's screenplay.

I hate to complain about a film before its premiered, but it seems this movie will be campy, like its contemporary `60s batman tvshow. Too bad. As a kid, I recall we were all impressed with Kato.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Kato_%28The_Green_Hornet%29.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider