Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Hornet

Hondo

One Too Many
I don't know, dye is hair, George Clooney would be okay, just a thought[huh]

I seriously doubt Jet Li would accept second fiddle or even play Asian stereo type role (house boy, servant) in this late stage of his film career,(he also commands big bucks) think of all the old TV shows that portray Asians as servants, cooks and what ever, :eek: which is why Bruce Lee hated the role, I also think Li's a bit older, they might go for an unknown Asian actor.

Feraud

Bartender
Hondo said:
I seriously doubt Jet Li would accept second fiddle or even play Asian stereo type role (house boy, servant) in this late stage of his film career,(he also commands big bucks) think of all the old TV shows that portray Asians as servants, cooks and what ever, :eek: which is why Bruce Lee hated the role, I also think Li's a bit older, they might go for an unknown Asian actor.

Jet Li should jump at the chance to be involved in something like this. While he has claimed to be finished with Martial Arts films, I do not see the guy walking away from his "bread & butter". He has another action film (Rogue) in the works.

What better disguise for an action hero to be in than that of a chauffeur?

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Jet Li has made his last actiion film, apparently.

And now for some gratuitous Green Hornet imagery:

green-hornet_lg.jpg

Green%20Hornet%20emblem.gif

greenhor.jpg

Edited to say: Apparently Jet Li has changed his mind. He seems to mean he's made his last Asian action movie. Links are out there somewhere.

Hondo

One Too Many
Jet Li already did play a Kato like character in "Black Mask" Hong Kong/Chinese film, I enjoyed it :)

I also enjoyed Jet Li in: Romeo Must Die with the late Aaliyah
and Kiss of the Dragon :)

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
Uh, no thanks. We can do without a cross-eyed Kato. :p
It would also be nice to preserve the original gender of the character since they keep messing with that nowadays. :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J
Lucy is too short, cross-eyed, and cannot act. Strike three!

If Jet Li is no longer in the market to do action films Tony Jaa would more than fill the role. The directors would have to be careful he does not outshine the lead character!

Hondo

One Too Many
Feraud said:
Lucy is too short, cross-eyed, and cannot act. Strike three!

She's too short? :eek: I didn't know or realize that [huh] Cross-eyed? I'm sure she could find my lipslol I nominate Dennis Dunn, From "Big Trouble in Little China" but might he may be a bit older to play Kato, still it could be the later years [huh]

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hondo said:
She's too short? :eek: I didn't know or realize that [huh] Cross-eyed? I'm sure she could find my lipslol I nominate Dennis Dunn, From "Big Trouble in Little China" but might he may be a bit older to play Kato, still it could be the later years [huh]

And Kurt Russell as the Hornet!

You know what ol' Green Hornet says at a time like this....

Who?

The Green Hornet. Me!

Hondo

One Too Many
carebear said:
And Kurt Russell as the Hornet!

You know what ol' Green Hornet says at a time like this....

Who?

The Green Hornet. Me!

Jack Burton: Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president.

Jack Burton: I feel good, and I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... kind of invincible... Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?

Jack Burton (Kurt Russell): Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Wang Chi (Dennis Dun): Here's to the Army and Navy and the battles they have won; here's to America's colors, the colors that never run.

carebear

Jack Burton is my hero and role model.

Gracie: [Jack and Gracie are in an elevator, on their way to confront Lo Pan] You have a gun, I hope?

Jack Burton: A knife.

Gracie: A knife? This guy's twelve feet tall!

Jack Burton: Seven. Besides, I can take him.

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Cool

I used to watch The Green Hornet because of Kato, not The Green Hornet himself. He was a little lame as hero's go; he can't fly, bullets don't bounce off him and he doesn't even wear a cape ! Man, even I wear a cape (not in public). He was like the administrator of super hero's. Bruce Lee was the attraction with that new kind of fighting. Exciting to watch.

carebear

Tommy Fedora said:
I used to watch The Green Hornet because of Kato, not The Green Hornet himself. He was a little lame as hero's go; he can't fly, bullets don't bounce off him and he doesn't even wear a cape ! Man, even I wear a cape (not in public). He was like the administrator of super hero's. Bruce Lee was the attraction with that new kind of fighting. Exciting to watch.

Was there an implication that GH could take Kato if he had to?

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Serial

I found my copy of the Green Hornet Serial. It was 1940. The premise behind it was a secret anti-aircraft bomb. The Green Hornet had a dark overcoat and not a trench coat. Not sure of the color, possibly black in color. His mask covered his entire face and had a emblem of a green hornet on the mask. When someone would ask who he was, he would show a coin of a green hornet with the words The Green Hornet around the outside. He also had his gas gun that would fire knockout gas pellets. The car was a blk coup and the engine sounded like the buzz of a hornet and Kato could turn the engine to silent mode if he needed too. One problem with the serial, is that it looked like the Green Hornet would take a lot of beatings before he was able to use his gun to knock out the person that he was fighting.

Gray Ghost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk