Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Hornet

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
deanglen said:
And now for the million dollars...What was the name of the Green Hornet's car?
greenhornetposter.jpg

The Black Beauty! Small bills, please. lol

deanglen

The answer to the question is back in this thread that has been combined with one already existing which I was pretty sure was probably the case, please excuse the redundancy. Great minds think alike. Right? Jeez, do I feel stupid now I'll never live this down if I live to be............

deanglen

Tony in Tarzana said:
The Black Beauty! Small bills, please. lol
The money you might receive will be usable in a famous boardgame created with paint samples and the streets in Atlantic City on some guy's kitchen table back during the Depression. Bank error in your favor! Uh-oh!! Luxury Tax!!!! 75%!!!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
deanglen said:
The answer to the question is back in this thread that has been combined with one already existing which I was pretty sure was probably the case, please excuse the redundancy. Great minds think alike. Right? Jeez, do I feel stupid now I'll never live this down if I live to be............
You shouldn't feel bad; we've all done it in our excitement to do a post. It does help to use the Search feature, but that is what we are here for. It's great to see the older thread revived. There is a lot of information here. ;)

Hondo

One Too Many
Bruce Lee

Kato!!! Yeah I used to watch this just like Batman when I was a kid, mostly for Bruce Lee, who can't remember Longstreet TV show, about a guy who loses his sight, in one great episode Bruce Lee teaches him how to fight without seeing, really awesome, sorry to go off topic, but Bruce Lee as Kato was one bad dude, everyone knows the story of Lee not wanting to be cast as Chinese house boy to a rich white man the rest of his life, but that’s another topic, The Green Hornet was cool, so was Al Hurts opening trumpet in the title song, bumble bee, A Green way Production!!

Some interesting links below:

http://www.katoman.com/bruceleesitelink.html

Lee Lynch

One of the Regulars
I didn't have the occasion to see the Green Hornet as much as Batman, but based on this thread, I will have a better look.

Always been a Batman fan myself, though I much preferred him without Robin (As in Batman Begins)...

Doh!

One Too Many
If they ever actually make a movie version, let's hope they cast an adult as the Hornet and NOT Jake Gyllenhaal.

Doh!

One Too Many
Affleck was my immediate, first "scary" thought when this thread started! George Clooney is too "old" now by Hollywood standards but probably could've been believable.

Is Jet Li too old to play Kato?

Doh! said:
Affleck was my immediate, first "scary" thought when this thread started! George Clooney is too "old" now by Hollywood standards but probably could've been believable.

Is Jet Li too old to play Kato?

Yep, AFlake would be scary but Clooney is just as scary to me. :eek: :eusa_doh: Jet Li could be Kato for sure. He can even speak English better so that is actually an improvement. :D

Regards,

J

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
GReen Hornet Fedora

It's unusual for me to see it, but it seems the Green Hornet is one of those gents who can get away with wearing his hat a good two inches above the ears, and it still looks good. Personally, I need my fedora to sit just a few hairs above the ears.

jdjs

Familiar Face
Apology

jdjs said:
Smith is no longer associated with the project. Specifically
[EDIT: Link Removed Due to Vulgar Content]

and more recently

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=347310 (again, about half way down. This is from SDCC)

A heartfelt apology to the entire forum for my error in not checking the first link. In my zeal to get the information, I neglected to remember that Mr. Smith's language can be beyond risque. Mea culpa.

JD

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I found that french film of the Hornet a while ago. Sorry, I didn't post it. They made a Green Hornet film that I would like to see.

Sincerely,The Wolf

Flash Gordon

Familiar Face
Just to show you how much my household shimmies in and out between the 1930s and the 2000s:

When my son was in kindergarten five years ago, his teacher played snippets of music and asked the kids what images they brought to mind. At one point, she played "The Flight of the Bumblebee". When she asked my son what it reminded him of he said:

"The Green Hornet!"

:D

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Serials

I have the one of the old serials of the Green Hornet. I believe it was from 1941. His costume was real simple. If I remember correctly, it was just a trench coat to cover his suit and it held a pair of gloves and his mask that covered the entire face with a hornet logo on the mask. I cant remember the type of car, but the engine sounded like a hornet buzzing. I need to see if I can find it again and rewatch it. It is in any number of moving boxes, since I got married. I am trying to do a version of the Gray Ghost based on a similar costume to the serial's Green Hornet. My car would be similar to Phillip Marlowes car in The Big Sleep with hidden weapons compartment.

Gray Ghost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot