Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

Lloyd

A-List Customer
here you go, quite a difference

VSforestJune12010wdarkmoss.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
rlk said:
Very interesting style hat. It appears to have the Sweatband bow at the front[huh]

It looked like they flipped the hat backwards, moving the ribbon on the outside and the sweatband bow on the inside, and reversing the crease, If I recall, there was a bit of thinning, though no hole, on the side which appeared to have originally been the front, up by the pinch.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
My 100% rabbit "Stefeno" purchased from "the hat guys" in oakland. The color is just perfect. Rich olive green in the sun, almost a very dark brown in shadows.

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
That`s a very classy hat,Buster,and that shade of green is a color that looks to me like the Bustercat may have gotten his cake AND get to eat it too on this one.Congrats on your hip lid,broham. :D Depending on what you wear ol Mean Green can perk it up or "settle down and behave" by being a subtle accent. What do they call that particular shade of green?

I`m originally from the Bay Area (born in Alameda,raised in Fremont/Hayward)and THE HAT GUYS is on my "to visit" list. Do they have a large inventory on hand? Pricing and customer service?

HMH

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Hello from Alameda, and thanks! Yeah, green's great, I went in for a brown or gray lid and green just worked with everything better.
Yes they have a pretty large selection , all different types of classic hat designs from caps to toppers. The main upper-shelf fare as I saw were Borsalino, Dobbs, Stetson and Akubra; but they've got a lot and I didn't look at it all. Be sure to check out the discount rack in the back, some great markdowns. They also will adjust your hat for you free as you like (snap, sizing, probably more). I believe swapping bands is $25 and a full reblock for a crushed hat is $30. Quite a 'wall of fame' by the entrance of celebs who've stopped in.

This particular lid is the Stefeno Cagney, in Olive green. The color was just too much, a good price ($86 after tax), and just fit right. Unfortunately it's made in China, as I noticed later, but if that isn't an issue for you, I'd recommend it. There's a nice shoe store next door too. Lots of old time high living haberdashery in the area.

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the information,Buster. I`ll have to check them out sometime this Summer;especially if they do minor work like installing new hat ribbons,sweatbands and blocking.Even with the 1.5-2hr drive this would still a better option for me than sending something out.

Thanks again and take care of that Mean Grean Felt Machine,bro.
HMH

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not sure if I posted this hat already, but here's my Squatter in Willow Green, with some woods in the background for added GREEN:

WillowGreenHat.jpg

Neophyte

I can imagine it would look grey on some people's monitors, due to the gray paint on the side of my house and the fact that I was in the shade. That's why I decided to include the garbage can in the photos, to show the green-to-green comparison. There are several other pics of me in the Squatter in the previous few pages, so I think we can safely say it's green.

Thank you for the compliment, by the way. I've worn the Squatter so long now (read: about 3 weeks) that I feel uncomfortable in smaller brims. The brim is nearly 3'', and now, I only like the look of brims between 2 3/4'' and 3''. Funny how that works. I mysef thought I had narrow shoulders, but apparently, I don't. They just slope because I haven't developed those muscles. I need to beef up so I can look better in my hat (which is sadly more of an impetus for me than working out for my health:eek: ).

danofarlington

Neophyte said:
I I need to beef up so I can look better in my hat (which is sadly more of an impetus for me than working out for my health:eek: ).
Ditto with me losing some weight. Helps with hats. Witness that fit guy Salty O'Rourke. One doesn't need to be that fit to look good in a hat, but moving in that direction can't hurt.

Neophyte

I was thinking about ordering a Bluegrass Green Campdraft from EverythingAustralian (you know, the actual Australian one), but I'm still hung up on the color. I've only seen two pictures of it, both indoors and with somewhat poor lighting, so I'm still not sure what it looks like. Is it more green than Willow Green, or less? Is it pale or rich? Does it have a hint of blue, as in bluegrass?

I've contacted EverythingAustralian, hoping that they can send me a photo with a fairly accurate portrayal of the actual color. If anyone is interested, I'll keep you posted on my findings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot