Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

Lloyd

A-List Customer
here you go. I've never seen a willow green Akubra in person.
It's kind of a mossy or greyish green in my opinion
It's great camo for So California Oak Scrub
Both of these pics are a little washed out to my eye

this one was when the hat was brand new
AkubraCampdraftFeb2820103.jpg

This one in dappled sunlight
suaveLloyd.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That, sir, is a beautiful hat, and exactly what I needed. Thank you.
The Bluegrass Green, then, is a more muted green with greyish hues than willow green. Which means it ought to work better with my coat. I think that I've a bluegrass green Campdraft coming my way.

I think green has become my favorite hat color (my hats match my eyes). It is WAY more versatile a color than I would ever have imagined, 195 posts ago.

Thanks again, Lloyd, you've been a great help.

Neophyte

Man, this thread got totally left in the dust. At any rate, I trimmed the edge binding off of my Akubra Squatter in Willow Green:
SquatterBrimTrim3.jpg
SquatterBrimTrim2.jpg
SquatterBrimTrim1.jpg

Here is the Squatter, reborn:
SquatterREBORN1-1.jpg
SquatterREBORN3-1.jpg
SquatterREBORN2-1.jpg

Neophyte

Fellow Lounger "Yeps" got a Willow Green Squatter the other day, straight from Australia. You guys gotta see this one. Hopefully he'll post it soon. It looks tons better than mine (which is why I mostly wear the Campdraft now).

Oh yeah, and I'm thinking about ordering a Bluegrass Green CD, so thanks to all those who took the time to post pics of their own BG CDs. You guys helped me out a lot. :eusa_clap

Neophyte

Lloyd said:
here you go. I've never seen a willow green Akubra in person.
It's kind of a mossy or greyish green in my opinion

:eusa_clap

Sorry, this is a greatly belayed "Thank You" for those pics. My first CD was Taupe Fawn, and that's a great color, but it's also very "safe" in my opinion. I'd like something more striking for those "boring" days, and the BG CD fits the bill. Now if I could find a light green ribbon like Art has on some of his limited editions, I'm set!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Neophyte said:
Fellow Lounger "Yeps" got a Willow Green Squatter the other day, straight from Australia. You guys gotta see this one. Hopefully he'll post it soon. It looks tons better than mine (which is why I mostly wear the Campdraft now).

Okay, as per your request, I am posting over here. There are too many similar threads, I keep getting lost.

Here is my Willow Green Squatter, brought to me from Strand Hatters in Sydney by my sister.

Right now I have my "amorphous blob" center/teardrop and deep side dents/sorta front pinches. I like the deep dents with no sharp pinches or creases anywhere. Apparently the hatter softened it up a little when he sold it, so that it could survive the trip in a suitcase better, so it is really workable (stiff brim though, which is good. Nice snap.)
Photo23-1.jpg

Neophyte

Very stylish. I thought we agreed on "teardent" lol.
Alright, that's the last of it. I won't ask you to post anywhere else lol.
Thanks Yeps :eusa_clap .

jbucklin

Practically Family
Stetson Chatham (Sage-Green)

I've posted pics of this hat in a few threads, so pardon the redundancy; but, who here doesn't like to show off their new lids whenever the opportunity presents itself!!?

Photo133.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Oh, I like it a lot, but that's about as accurate a description of the color as I can give. :p

The dealer at the junk shop I bought it at acted as if asking $10 was highway robbery and was shocked when I bought it.

Randy

Neophyte

theinterchange said:
Oh, I like it a lot, but that's about as accurate a description of the color as I can give. :p

The dealer at the junk shop I bought it at acted as if asking $10 was highway robbery and was shocked when I bought it.

Randy

lol lol lol.

You got a great deal, don't see a lot of Mallory's around here (well, I don't, at least), and I don't think I've ever seen one in the GM thread.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Hey, Neophyte,

Why don't you do us old guys a favor and either use a different color or a larger font! :p I'm finding it difficult to read a dark green font on a black background on my laptop screen, and I figure that if I am having problems others might be as well.

Thanks!

Tom

PS And yes, I do have a number of green hats... I just never seem to get around to photographing my hats much any more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy